• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Middle position issue on my Suhr Classic Pro Tele

Jack Dotson

Silver Supporting Member
I’m the 2nd owner and got the guitar mint and bone stock except for the pickups, which were swapped out for a set of Fralins. I wanted the guitar stock to match the build sheet, so I bought and installed a set of Suhr Classic (low peak) pick-up’s. I’m not even sure what low peak means, but that’s what I got when I ordered the PU’s. Assume it’s just a reference to the output peak.

In positions 1 & 3 the PU’s work fine, but the middle position has an extremely low output with very little bass. Both sets of PU’s only have two leads and I simply installed the pick-up’s to match the Fralin’s. I’ve changed allot of PU’s and this this was a straight forward Install with two hot’s to the switch and grounds to the pot. I also noted the neck PU has a much lower output, but have read this is probably normal. This is the case with most Tele’s, but these are just a little more imbalanced.

My guitar has the Suhr SSC II system and I’ve read certain PU’s don’t work properly with this system. I’m not sure what the issue is, or which type of PU’s don’t work, or why. But, since I bought Suhr Classic PU’s I assume this is not the problem and the middle position with the Fralin’s is fine.
I’ve read about phase issues and this does have some of the characteristics, except the sound is not diffuse. Any idea’s?

Husky

The place for the best answer would be our customer service, even though you buy our pickups, they need to be specified for the SSC because all the pickups need to be the same polarity and same wind direction and there has to be an individual ground for the neck pickup cover. Also with our SSC system none of the ground wires from the pickup go to the back of the pot. please contact our customer service and we will help you out
I’m the 2nd owner and got the guitar mint and bone stock except for the pickups, which were swapped out for a set of Fralins. I wanted the guitar stock to match the build sheet, so I bought and installed a set of Suhr Classic (low peak) pick-up’s. I’m not even sure what low peak means, but that’s what I got when I ordered the PU’s. Assume it’s just a reference to the output peak.

In positions 1 & 3 the PU’s work fine, but the middle position has an extremely low output with very little bass. Both sets of PU’s only have two leads and I simply installed the pick-up’s to match the Fralin’s. I’ve changed allot of PU’s and this this was a straight forward Install with two hot’s to the switch and grounds to the pot. I also noted the neck PU has a much lower output, but have read this is probably normal. This is the case with most Tele’s, but these are just a little more imbalanced.

My guitar has the Suhr SSC II system and I’ve read certain PU’s don’t work properly with this system. I’m not sure what the issue is, or which type of PU’s don’t work, or why. But, since I bought Suhr Classic PU’s I assume this is not the problem and the middle position with the Fralin’s is fine.
I’ve read about phase issues and this does have some of the characteristics, except the sound is not diffuse. Any idea’s?

Jack Dotson

Silver Supporting Member
John, roger all. I will try your customer service again. I actually tried that route previously, but got frustrated and gave up. I don‘t think this is the place to discuss the issues I had, but if there is a way to speak off line I can share my experience. Thanks for the response.

Husky

John, roger all. I will try your customer service again. I actually tried that route previously, but got frustrated and gave up. I don‘t think this is the place to discuss the issues I had, but if there is a way to speak off line I can share my experience. Thanks for the response.
PM sent thanks

Trending Topics