Midi mapping a GT-100 to control an M5

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by longi, Apr 21, 2016.

1. longi

longi Member

Hi all. Is it possible to midi map a GT-100 to control the presets of an M5? If so how does one go about doing it? The manual isn't very clear on how to go about doing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. longi

longi Member

3. stratoskier

stratoskier Member

I know nothing about the midi functions on the M5, but as far as the GT, if you're only trying to change patches on the M5, (i.e., sending Program Change messages from the GT), it's pretty simple. In the GT's System Midi settings, turn PC Out to "On" and then whenever you change patches on the GT it sends out the corresponding PC # from the Midi Out. Obviously, both devices have to be set to the same Midi Channel (TX Channel on the GT and Receive channel on the M5), or otherwise they won't talk to each other. To get what you expect you will likely have to do some Program Change Mapping on the M5, so that, for example, sending Patch 35 from the GT is mapped to Patch 12 on the M5.

The GT can also output Control Change data, but that's a bit more involved and I don't remember the details.

4. longi

longi Member

Hi, thanks for the reply! It's already setup to do that which works fine. I'm not sure the M5 can be mapped after seeing a couple of videos on Youtube. I don't think it has the ability without something like the Molten Voltage Midi Mapper. Of course I could be doing it wrong which hopefully is the likliest case.