MIDI Sequencer For MAC

Bleakstreak

Looking for some suggestions for a simple MIDI program for Mac to do some sequencing / MIDI controlling on a couple older hardware synths. I will be using a simple Roland two channel interface that has MIDI capabilities.

I have been using my MPC 1000 but find the programming a bit cumbersome. I figure there must be something a little easier out there. Thanks in advance.

Bleakstreak

@pietro Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping to find something small. Not really wanting to get into another DAW program as I have been using Reaper with a lot of success and would like to stick with that. I am hoping to find some small shareware thing. Passport may have been good other than it says it's for PC.

So BUMP. Any other suggestions?

fisticuffs

Garageband? There aren't many/any MIDI sequencers left. They are integrated into almost every DAW on the market.

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
Passport may have been good other than it says it's for PC.
Wow, they must have recently discontinued the mac product.

Simple fact is that pretty much anything out there now is going to do audio AND midi or it's just not made anymore.

Most of the "big boys" like Logic and Digital Performer handle MIDI GREAT.

Anything free will definitely be worth what you pay for it, but possibly no better...

Trending Topics