MIDI solution for footpedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mitch236, May 22, 2008.

1. mitch236

mitch236 Member

I'm sure this has been asked before but I hope to just get a quick answer. I just bought a Bogner Shiva combo (2x12) and want to integrate my G-System. I want to be able to switch channels and use the boost function (all the functions of the footswitch) using the MIDI function of the G-System. Is there an easy to use and setup solution to integrate this? I'm not a programmer and am looking for an out of the box working solution. I can handle dip switches though.

Thanks and sorry if this is a repeat question.

2. mitch236

mitch236 Member

BTW, I checked the Axxiss website but their solution is sold out and there is no info about when it will be available.

3. amp_surgeon

amp_surgeon Member

Midi Solutions relay. It has a 1/4" jack connected to a relay that can be programmed to open or close in response to a specific MIDI event, which you can select by programming the box with SysEx messages. Once programmed, it keeps it's settings even when powered off.

A single relay is about $130, and is a small black box that's powered from the MIDI cable. There's also a rack mount version with 8 relays for about $400.

4. enditol

enditol Member

There's also the RJM Amp Gizmo.

5. mitch236

mitch236 Member

Thanks! Found it, bought it.