Midtown Music, Atlanta, GA: '54 Oxblood siteing

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by dewman, Jan 16, 2008.

1. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

Visited it today while on business- walked out with a Mill Hill Creations Clean White Boost pedal...and wanted the R7 Goldtop, very nice. Felt real nice to me.

Among an amazing array of gear I was particularly drawn to a CS SG, a CS White SG Secial w/ wraptail, and (never seen one in person before)- an ultra cool colored Oxblood 54 reissue w/ wraptail bridge. COuld have used a little bridge lowering and the strings were tuned about a step lower than std tuning, but I liked it. That place is a great shop. Wall to wall Fenders and an amazing room of AMPS!!!!

Very cool part of what normally would be a boring work day + travel!!

2. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

That's a really great store. They kept the store open for me too so I could come in after work and buy the Strat I wanted. They do carry an excellent array of amps, and have a pretty good effects case too.

I like it a lot.

3. djbrough

djbrough Member

I dig that store too. I've been to most of the boutique stores in the area, and that one is one of the better ones. You feel like you're walking into a dungeon full of guitars. Lots of vibe there.

4. tonemandan

tonemandan Member

I stop there every time I'm in Atlanta. Great folks, lots of cool gear and some of the best prices I've ever found. Highly recommended.

Dan

5. HeyMrTeleMan

HeyMrTeleMan Colonel of Truth Gold Supporting Member

I bought my Victoria 45410 Bassman there a while back and I was admiring, along with David Wilson of ToneQuest Report, an amazing CS Strat, and in walked Peter Stroud, of 65Amps (not to mention Sheryl Crow Band:AOK). We talked about a half an hour (I was a little embarrassed that I had just bought the Vic!) and that was some conversation! Two uber cool guys (and me:eek:) talking guitars and amps and Crossroads Festivals. It was definitely a Kodak moment for me.

Disclaimer: I don't work for Kodak. (Or anyone else but myself...) I will, however, watch your guitar collection for food. Just name it. I can cook...

Blind Lemon Fudge

6. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

Great shop, great gear and great guys!

I've done a lot of business with them over the years...my R8 and my 1982 Moderne both came from Midtown!

7. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

I got play that Oxblood this past Saturday. It was pretty good, but man, what a thick neck! Has to be the thickest I've ever played. My left hand ached after played that guitar!

8. Dylan61

Dylan61 Member

I bought last Friday two Custom guitars from Midtown by phone.., I did get advice to go there from the son of a famous person, realy looking forward to see how it will turn out.