Might Go With a New Pedalboard, NYC Pedalboard Anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Josh O, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Josh O

Josh O Member

I'm currently using a Pedaltrain2 and it is a great board but now that I want to put my Koch Pedaltone on my board with everything else and still leave room for a little growth, the Pedaltrain2 will have to go. I thought about the Pedaltrain Pro but it won't be big enough. I've looked into the NYC pedalboards and their Big Shot board with the second tier could be exactly what the doctor ordered. I can slip my Voodoo Labs PP2 under the tier, put all of my Boss pedals, Peterson Strobostomp (I think) and Keeley Fuzz Head on the second tier and put my Pedaltone, HBE Psilocybe, wah and ZVex Trem probe on the lower. THe only thing I'm not sure of is if the Pedaltone is too deep to allow the tier. Gonna have to do some measuring.

Anyways, the only thing that could be a problem is how much this sucker is going to weigh after it's all said and done. The Pedaltrain right now in the hard case has some good heft to it, can't imagine how much more it would be with the Pedaltone added to the mix.

NYC owners, how has your board held up?

2. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

i have a NYC pedalhead and its held up great. i love it. these boards usually come pretty well recomended. id say go for it...really great boards for the $$

3. Brett Valentine

Brett Valentine Member

Have 2, like them both. Eventually ended up replacing the velcro carpet on each, but they are built well, and the latch upgrade is worth it.

Brett

4. bluelew

bluelew Member

I've had mine for a couple years. Great quality! The owner is a great guy as well. The only thing you might consider is travel. If you are planning to go overseas I would get a board rated for airline travel. As for weight- I have the big shot and it get's heavy. It does balance out your other arm when your carrying an amp :)

5. enickma

enickma Member

Those pumaboards are pretty damn cool .... I wish I had discovered them before I put my newest rig together

6. granite

granite Member

I have a pumaboard on order. It's a custom made board...you choose size, tolex, and top (velcro, plexiglass, or black formica). Right around $200 for a custom board. Best deal out there. Check them out.

http://www.pumaboards.com/gallery/index.html

7. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

I have a 6 shot from NYC pedalboards and it is a well made board, no complaints here!

My favorite board still is the Furman SPB-8!

8. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Senior Member

I have a NYC Big Shot with 2nd level. Good stuff, fast delivery. Would do it again.

9. uberschall

uberschall Supporting Member

I've had my NYC custom for almost 5 years now, and it's been great. I got a big one and I always have room for experimenting. Mike the owner is good to deal with, and has made me a few extra pieces too.

10. hawkeye17

hawkeye17 Member

I have one and it's awesome. I'm thinking of getting one slightly bigger. Great prices too.