Mighty Red Distortion vs Reeza

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by andershoeg, Apr 4, 2008.

1. andershoeg

andershoeg Member

Hi!
    I was thinking about the differences between the Mad Professor MRD and the EMMA Reeza. Got the Reeza. Pretty happy about it. But my mind has been playing with the MRD lately. So; what are your thoughts/experiences? Haven't tried the MRD myself. And maybe the two are a little too similar?
    B.r. andershoeg

2. andershoeg

andershoeg Member

No experiences?
    B.r. andershoeg

3. El Jefe

El Jefe Member

I picked up the reeza a while back, and it's awesome, the best tight crunchy monster sounding distortion I've tried. IMO, if the reeza is doing it for you, why bother trying anything else, especially something that costs 2x as much as the emma?

4. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

Never played a Dyna Red and I know it's probably very good but as stated above, the Reeza is incredible. I A/B ed mine against a Menatone KOB and kept the Reeza (and I an a HUGE Menatone fan) Going to be hard to beat the fat warmth of the Reeza in a higher gain pedal.

5. andershoeg

andershoeg Member

Hi guys! Thanks! Well, I my self is quite happy with my reeza. I don't have a problem with it at all, or anything :) Just, you know, new toys are fun. About the MRD costing twice as much as the Emma, that is not what it is here in Denmark. They cost about the same, a difference of 30 dollars or so. I'm not gonna sell my reeza. just curious about the diffs. And I agree; the reeza IS a fantastic pedal. Just think I'm in love with the small footprint of the Mad professors, and maybe looking to do a "small footprint"-board. Got the deep blue delay, and love it. Therefor :)
    b.r. andershoeg