MIJ Charvel Guthrie Govan

thebeebs

Add me to the camp that says, "just go for the US version".

Pictured: my ash GG (the photo is much lighter in color than the actual guitar).

yzqa8zg.jpg

I made a quick mockup of a GG on top of a standard strat. I used stock images for each, so I can't say the source images were 100% accurate - but it seems to be fairly close based on my personal comparisons.

Note: Both are 25.5" scale length, so I scaled each image to align the frets on top fo each other. You can see that the GG does use a "shrunken" body design (which I normally hate). But it doesn't change the wasteline dimension or the upper horn (unlike most other 24 fret designs). So it doesn't feel shrunken.

Again: this is NOT a perfect overlay. Just intended to be an approximation.

20qCYjJ.png
Interesting. I thought the GG was the same size as a strat. good to know

chrisrocksusa

Is the san Dimas the same way (smaller body)?

I’ve always suspected that this thing is smaller, it def feels that way. I like it a lot though.

Tri7/5

Add me to the camp that says, "just go for the US version".

Pictured: my ash GG (the photo is much lighter in color than the actual guitar).

yzqa8zg.jpg

I made a quick mockup of a GG on top of a standard strat. I used stock images for each, so I can't say the source images were 100% accurate - but it seems to be fairly close based on my personal comparisons.

Note: Both are 25.5" scale length, so I scaled each image to align the frets on top fo each other. You can see that the GG does use a "shrunken" body design (which I normally hate). But it doesn't change the wasteline dimension or the upper horn (unlike most other 24 fret designs). So it doesn't feel shrunken.

Again: this is NOT a perfect overlay. Just intended to be an approximation.

20qCYjJ.png

Nice, yes I agree keeping the original contours of the S shape make it much more appealing. I'm also not a big fan of the 7/8 more pointy dinky body but it's on so many guitars it's tough to avoid.

Teodur

I was just about to pull the trigger on the USA model, when this one was announced. What do you guys think, should I wait for the MJ version? Hard decision :p

DrewH

yeah... what's the point of that? just get a used USA at that point

A dealer told me that it's to take some of the load off the USA shop by giving another option of the same quality. The USA shop has a 24-36 month order backlog.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom