Mike McCready using Fender Tonemasters?

cstmrts

Anyone know what head he is using on top of the Marshall Cab?
It seems to have a Fender/Supro style logo on the corner...
Sem Título.jpg

Chicago Slim

Many of the sound companies that supply backlines have switched to Tone Masters. I think that many may have had the Tone Master badge removed. Having played poorly maintained Fender backline tube amps and new Tone Masters, I would prefer the Tone Masters. YMMV!

Madison

Many of the sound companies that supply backlines have switched to Tone Masters. I think that many may have had the Tone Master badge removed. Having played poorly maintained Fender backline tube amps and new Tone Masters, I would prefer the Tone Masters. YMMV!
Why such embarrassment that causes adults to remove a badge? Hilarious. If you buy a TM then own it.

RyanPitch

Silver Supporting Member
What’s the story on the tweed amps (tilted up) in front of the drums?
I imagine they are Eddie Vedder’s amps, pointed upwards so that they aren’t aimed directly into his vocal microphone. Bruce Springsteen does the same thing.

Eddie has a huge semi-circular array of floor monitors (that I wish I could try singing through…), so he gets his electric guitar sounds that way (not directly from the amps pointed upwards).

Saw ‘em in San Diego last week, and I was up front & center.

First PJ show was in November of 1991.

AintNoEddie

I know McCready has/uses a lot of top notch vintage gear, still I don't think his tone is that special. Or put differently, when you ask me about guitarists with killer and/or unique tone he is probably not even on my list. Ask me about my most favourite guitarists and he is in my top 10 for sure - just for perspective.

I haven't played the Tonemasters yet, but I guess they will work very well for PJ (obviously). Among their large fanbase only a very small portion will complain (or even notice).

The tonemaster bulb is yellow on "standby" and red when live, so it appears he's using it.
I was at this show and sat mid section - McCready side of the stage. I'm not the biggest Pearl Jam fan, so I had no idea Josh Klighoffer was actually part of the band. Part of the band in the sense that he was off to the side, behind the amps and added various percussion, shakers, tambourine, keys and sometimes guitar. It may be Klinghoffers for those instances he was playing. I'm wondering if that's what he was using during his opening act performance?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom