• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Mike Miller with Brand X

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
Not many people know this, but back in 1978 Mike Miller replaced John Goodsall, who was suffering with tendinitis, for a spell in Brand X. Miller was 25 at the time and kicked all kinds of ass. Check out these clips, broadcast live from the Bottom Line:

Soul Man

Local 83
Gold Supporting Member
Always loved Brand X, all versions of the band. Phil Collins haters....grrrr.

Mike did a great job!

Tmac1957

I surely didn't know that but it is great. Always liked Brand X and everyone in it. After seeing this post, I went to look up Morris Pert....found out he passed away in 2010

kingsleyd

Frikkin genyus
Platinum Supporting Member
I saw that version of the band in Boston in '78. Have been a fan of Mike's ever since!

BigDar

Funny-I was just hanging out with one of my muso buddies last night and he played me a track of him and Mike (they went to school together here in South Dakota) where Mike was playing this sublime chord melody stuff in this guys basement. He usually comes back here 2-3 times a year (family) and my buddy promised to hook me up with an intro next time. Mike and Mark Craney-RIP- (both went to school with this guy) are the two best musicians to ever come out of this little prairie state. He's played me tapes of Mike and Mark just rippen' it up when they were younger.

kingsleyd

Frikkin genyus
Platinum Supporting Member
Phil Collins haters....grrrr.
Well, PC had a habit of playing kinda -- well, wayyy -- on top of the beat, and as a result was somewhat lacking in the groove department. That bothers some people more than others, just like intonation issues bother some people more than others. :)

Trending Topics