Mike Patton cracks me up!

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by dohootowl, May 20, 2011.

1. dohootowl

dohootowl Member

2. Beth

Beth Supporting Member

Heh, nice! Patton and the boys could always pull off the unexpected cover toon. I saw them a couple of times in '91 or so and loved when he would slip the Nestles' theme into one of their toons...and it worked. "Nestles makes the very best, N E S T L E S..."

3. Jube2550

Jube2550 Member

If you ever saw a Mr. Bungle show...there was plenty of this...he did Stroke by Billy Squire in odd time signatures sped up, then slowed down at the show I went to. They also did Alan Parsons Project Time...great stuff and always an entertainer.

I came home drunk during the college days and this was on Leno....

I didn't know whether to laugh or go into shock over how awesome it was...even Jay looked to be in a little shock after they did Midlife Crisis as the first song...total opposite song, I had to nail the solo after watching it....

4. zzmoore

zzmoore Member

That guy is pure velvet. Could have been the Biggest/Best Lounge/Vegas singer ever........!!!!!!

5. dohootowl

dohootowl Member

So I had to look for Midlife Crisis. I can hear Jay-"uh,hey...great job, guys."

6. sinasl1

sinasl1 Supporting Member

We played (Chris Cornell band) in Sweden with them on a festival around this time- Mike, in that red suit, wheeled himself onstage in a wheelchair, and sang "Reunited", then he stood up and kicked the chair away, haha it was an awesome set! I'd never seen them. I came away a fan.

Afterwards, yogi (my co-guitarist in the band) got in the wheelchair and started to do freakishly good tricks like wheelies and whatnot, much to the surprise of Mike and myself. Good times

7. shango

shango Member

I just posted that video of "Reunited" on my FB yesterday! Love Mike!

8. RocksOff

RocksOff Member

Yogi is playing with you? I haven't talked to him in ages. Tell him Wil says 'heya'.

9. zzmoore

zzmoore Member

10. Colors

Colors Member

He is touring his Mondo Cane album of Italian pop songs this year. I hope I can catch a performance. If you are a Mike Patton fan and have not heard that album it is awesome.

11. Lost_Cause

Lost_Cause Member

I remember them playing Easy from that night totally straight except for the small grin at the end. Totally perfect in the vein of the original with no joke no irony. Wish I had seen them play Midlife Crisis. That is a killer tune on a killer CD.

12. shibby

shibby Member

Oh wow, how did I overlook this project of his. U know if he's doing a US tour? Or did I already miss it?

13. Colors

Colors Member

14. Bezzy

Bezzy Member

I forgot how cool Mike Patton is, a super talent. I must get some Faith No More:bow