Mikenbacker (Rickenbacker) electric mandolin

Brock

I have this old electric mandolin that says Mikenbacker. It looks like something that would have been made for Mike Campbell. I don’t know anything about it except it’s all real flame maple and quality hardware. It’s bigger that a standard mandolin too. Any info on this would be great. Anyone ever come across one of these before?

Verne Andru

Looks mandola scale. What does it measure nut to 12th fret?

AFAIK the only mando Rickenbacker has ever made looks like this:

1997-rickenbacker-mandolin-5002v58-fire-bTmkTvz.jpg

According to this Mandolin Cafe post the one you have was made by Tony Revell until Rickenbacker's legal department shut him down.

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
I have this old electric mandolin that says Mikenbacker. It looks like something that would have been made for Mike Campbell.
I'd actually try to email him with some pics. Bet he'd make an offer. I would if I were him.

Brock

What are you going to do with it
I am going to the Northwest guitar and drum show this weekend and I’m going to be bringing it there and setting it up in my booth. I am just a player at home and I don’t have a shop and I just like to collect cool things. I’m going to see what I can get out of it. If anybody has Mike’s email, I would love to send him some pictures.

Top Bottom