Mil Spec Transistors

Murraypops

Hi all

Can anyone explain what military spec transistors and if the actually compare to their NOS counterparts in fuzz circuits?

Thank you

Murraypops

Been reading up on this and as far as I can work out folk prefer the NOS because they were used in the originals but in actual fact there is no difference....am I right?

Papanate

Been reading up on this and as far as I can work out folk prefer the NOS because they were used in the originals but in actual fact there is no difference....am I right?
Military Spec on a resister means it comes within +/- 2% tolerance of it's rating and has a failure rate of 0.01% per 1000 hours of use.

NOS can be anywhere on that scale +/- 2% - 10% (or higher) Tolerance and similar spec on the failure rate.

jonathansuhr

Military Spec on a resister means it comes within +/- 2% tolerance of it's rating and has a failure rate of 0.01% per 1000 hours of use.

NOS can be anywhere on that scale +/- 2% - 10% (or higher) Tolerance and similar spec on the failure rate.
Yes, and part of the charming tone of vintage pedals is caused by wild component variance.

For practical reasons, Mil-Spec is a much more attractive option.

What mil-spec really means - a company relabels or otherwise certifies a product they already make and sell it to the military at sky high prices.

Trending Topics