• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Miley Cyrus' new song "Adore You"....Big Hit?

phillygtr

It's got almost 50 million views on YT. That being said I don't think the song is that good. Kind of boring and grating at the same time. Wrecking Ball and We Can't Stop are better. Heck I liked Party in the USA!

Big hit? The song is basically free form meandering non-sense for the first minute. Chorus isn't very strong either. Feels like it has no structure.

I'm a big fan of pop music, loved Party in the USA and Wrecking Ball from her writers. Enjoy some Taylor Swift, some One Republic, Jason Mraz, Colbie Caillat, etc... I thought we can't stop wasn't very good, but think its a much better pop song than this, IMO.

As for the amount of views, I think that has to do with how provocative the video is.

TheFlyingBear

I kind of dig the song, and it can get stuck in my head, but I don't think it will be as big of a hit as Wrecking Ball, We Can't Stop, or Party in the USA. It's too much of a ballad, and it seems like ballads have had a tough time becoming huge hits in the past few years. I agree that the song/structure rambles a little, and probably isn't poppy enough.

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
You are a little ol...seasoned to be caring about such things, no?

NeuroLogic

Big hit? The song is basically free form meandering non-sense for the first minute. Chorus isn't very strong either. Feels like it has no structure.

As for the amount of views, I think that has to do with how provocative the video is.
Yor right, that's whi it will be a hit!

msteeln

I thought it was really cool. Had to listen to it again yesterday several times in a row. It's been a while since a song made me want to listen to it again so quickly. I think it's a hit.....we'll see.
We'll be praying for you.

2HBStrat

I'm a fan of good music, and this is nowhere near good.
Well, I realize that what we like in music is very subjective, but.......the song is in tune, the timing is good, it's rhythmically consistent, the singing/moaning isn't out of tune, so it's "good" music in all of the objective terms that we can use to judge music. Now, subjectively one might not "like" it personally, but I don't think that makes it any less "good."

Trending Topics

Top Bottom