Miley's "You're gonna make me lonesome when you go" one of the top videos on MTV.com

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by EricPeterson, Jan 27, 2012.

1. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

Someone started a thread about a new Dylan cover album for amnesty international, and mentioned Miley's cover of this tune (one of my favorite Dylan tunes) and so I looked up her version, and she does a good job, I also like the arrangement:

And get this, it is one of the top videos on MTV.com:

[​IMG]

Pretty cool how a song can transcend generations like this. It is just timeless.

2. vintage saddles

vintage saddles Member

Must say I was pleasantly surprised when I heard her take. I've been through just about every clip on that album, something close to 70 songs, and Miley's is among the better ones.

She's potentially bringing the old man to a new audience.

3. Mangy71

Mangy71 Member

I watched that video on YouTube a couple days ago. I was just curious to hear what she was doing now. I thought it was good, and if she does more of this type of song I think she could be a viable adult artist, not just a teeny-bopper musician.

4. loudboy

loudboy Member

It's weird to hear a real rootsy backing track and then all the horrendous AT artifacting on her voice...

Try this one for some real singing/playing...

5. bluesjunior

bluesjunior Member

I doubt it, I think musicians are the only people who are interested in who wrote what. What will likely happen is some Miley fan will hear Bob singing his song and say, who's that covering Miley's song. :D

6. sausagefingers

sausagefingers Supporting Member

Gorgeous rendition. I love the smoke in her voice. No doubt a natural talent.