Milkman One Watt Plus

Pguitars

Anyone played this amp. I read a lot of thinks about milkman in the terms of overpriced... On what kind amp is this One watt plus amp based?

MrFuzzTone

Check out the Youtube demo for this pedal at about 0:40
I guess a Milkman amp works for their sound.
Keeley Electronics - Dyno My Roto Tri Chorus Rotary Flange

I think the One watt plus is kind of a souped up Champ circuit. A bit in the tweed realm.
I have a One watt and a Half Pint
Low powered Swart tweed amps are also very good.

Pguitars

I think the One watt plus is kind of a souped up Champ circuit. A bit in the tweed realm.

How is the One watt (normal) and half pint volume wise? Nice tweed breakup?

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member
Milkman seems to be doing well but was kinda a flash in the pan (in my opinion) bc Mayer posted that selfie w his 85w Pedal Steel. His fans on TGP accordingly went nuts.

I had a half pint w the 8". Ehhh. Also issue in shipping (bought used)

Buddy of mine got a Creamer and didn't like it. Described it as a Princeton w more overdrive (that he didn't like).

Another buddy got the Pedal Steel Mini and liked it, but preferred his higher wattage clean amps for sss style playing.

All that said TGP overlord @SirGilmour LOVES his Milkman and I think had a one watt version. He's the man to ask.

70 Mach 1

Silver Supporting Member
you hit the nail right on the head, my first thoughts exactly was over priced. I was gassing for a Creamer but at $3K neighborhood I felt i can do much much better. Looking into Gries, Allen and Vintage sounds for BF PR type tone all in the $1300-1800 range

Faded

Silver Supporting Member
I've said it before, but it's amazing that a 30 second clip on John Mayers Instagram can launch an amp brand and cause the fan boys to stir themselves into their predictable "slow dance in a burning room" frenzy.

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
I have the "One Watt Plus" which is a parallel single ended 10 watt amp. I put the Jupiter large magnet Alnico and it's a fantastic low wattage amp. Very light weight and LOVES pedals. It was only around $1600 brand new.

caspa

not so much milkman love here?
Everything in his range is tweed based aside from the solid state hybrid I believe.

I think the one watt is insanely overpriced... it at least needs reverb at $1300 for a champ. You're paying a TON for something that a lot of other people are also making for way, way less. Looks like a super high quality build though

I will say that the one watt head was one of the best designs I've ever seen... that's how I found out about Milkman.

Pguitars

Thanks for replies! I doubt... Can get the one watt plus for 1600,- and a Tone King Imperial voor 1250,- (older model 2009). I am afraid that the imperial is too thin? . volumewise has the imperial more headroom and volume.

MrFuzzTone

How is the One watt (normal) and half pint volume wise? Nice tweed breakup?
Guitar amp tones are very subjective. The Milkman are in the tweed breakup category when turned up. Obviously a 5 watt amp is only so loud. Plenty loud for recording, practicing or using a microphone. I put a 10" Scumnico speaker in the 1 watt. Makes a roar when cranked. Even more with a good fuzz pedal feeding it. The Half Pint has the standard 12" speaker. I like its edge of breakup tone at a reasonable volume.
Another 5 watt I have is a Swart tweed amp with 12" speaker. I put in a Celestion G12M Heritage 20 watt speaker. Sounds great. That amp has 2 12AX7 tubes in the preamp even though it is only 5 watts. I stuck a NOS 12AY7 in V1. Still lots of breakup when up high. A 12" speaker makes a big difference for the volume of a 5 watt amp. Plenty loud to practice and not burn out your ear drums. Loud enough that neighbors could still complain.
Also have 3 Tungsten tweed style amps that sound really good at 5, 12, and 15 watts: Mosaic II, Cortez, Crema Wheat. Nice 12" Alnico speakers.
Milkman, Swart, Tungsten, they all sound good!
If I want clean I have a Fender Princeton Reverb RI and a Louis Electric Columbia.
For VOX and Marshall tones ...

Dad love mom

Gold Supporting Member

I know this thread is a little older, but I came across it and noticed this post. In my experience with my One Watt Plus and my tweeds, in a side-by-side comparison, I would say the One Watt Plus is nowhere what I'd consider to be a tweed sound. It has a much more rounded, moderately mid-scooped sound to it -- most likely akin to a Fender Blonde or Brownface amp. Don't get me wrong, I understand all tweeds sound different from a treble perspective, but not from a fullness or loose low-end point-of-view. The One Watt plus shares none of those characteristics, unless you really crank the bass knob.

I would say the amp is more to be a "bit in the blonde realm" of things. Either way, it's a killer amp to own and play!

Trending Topics