Milling around a Vintage Modern... primarily strat player

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by fenderjapan, May 2, 2016.

1. fenderjapan

fenderjapan World Heavyweight Champion Silver Supporting Member

I've been kicking around a Marshallesque (yes I know, there are a bunch of different Marshallesque sounds) amp for a bit now.The other night seeing Robin Trower pretty much kicked me into overdrive in terms of that want, pun intended.

He was using a pair of Vintage Moderns, with his overdrives on the floor, wah, vibe, etc. I've always preferred the Marshall sound boosted by either a fuzz or OD, so this was up my alley.

I've heard concerns about the FX Loop on these amps. I could probably get by without it but I would prefer an amp with an fx loop for my delay. I'd also rather not buy an amp that is 99% likely to have something failing all the time.

Any strat players using Vintage Moderns? Capable of getting a big middy fat sound (as opposed to a tinny buzzy sound) with these amps and a strat? And maybe an OD and or Fuzz in front?

2. Hefalump

Hefalump Member

Vm loves strats.

rowla and fenderjapan like this.
  3. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

Yep. It does. It will do so many types of single coil tones. The preamp volumes and the mid switch will take you many places.

fenderjapan likes this.
  4. Custom50

Custom50 Member

I'm actually going to check out a VM head Friday. I'm a Gibson player, anything I should know?

(sorry for the thread hijack OP)

5. louis

louis Supporting Member

They also love SG's !

Custom50 likes this.