• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

MIM Strat pickups?

OnlyVees

My buddy just long-term loaned me his '99 MIM Stratocaster. I am beyond inpressed with the playability and fit-and-finish on this thing. The neck pocket is tight as a drum...

Assuming he hasn't changed the pickups, what do you guys think came in these guitars? They sound a little hotter than- say what came in my CP Jaguar. If I pull the thing apart, what should I look for?

SoCalSteve

They're probably ceramic. I didn't really care for them when I had my MIM Strat. Just didn't sound "Stratty" to me.

tfunster

Gold Supporting Member
They're probably ceramic. I didn't really care for them when I had my MIM Strat. Just didn't sound "Stratty" to me.
Yep, probably ceramic. They're not bad at all, but they are more modern sounding, and a set of replacement pickups will probably make a nice difference. If you decide to replace them, you'll then have to figure out which of the hundred different makers you want to go with.

Trending Topics