• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

MIM Strat Replacement Neck

wamba

I'm looking to replace the neck on my '04 MIM Strat. It has a major ding in the maple fretboard right under the high E string at the 13th fret. It doesn't effect the playability but I've replaced almost everything else on this guitar and frankly, I'd like a thicker neck.

I really like what I see over at Warmoth but here's my question, How do I know which neck will actually fit my guitar? (I'd like to stay with a maple fretboard)

RLD

Silver Supporting Member
Sounds like that neck has character.
Battle scars.
I'd keep it.

Bodeanicus

Why not go to the source? Fender sells real Mexican necks directly from their site for $200, or less. You will have to file the nut, and have the frets done, though.

wamba

Correct, I would like a thicker neck. I injured my thumb a couple years ago and my first knuckle (closest to the nail) is frozen. So, I can't play bass notes over the top of the neck anymore and a fatter neck is more comfortable.

Badside

A brand new MIM neck is 199$ finished, straight from Fender!

PS: if you want thicker the Mighty Mite are cool for the price.

hank57

Silver Supporting Member
When you get a neck from Warmoth it is the right size for a Fender made body. But not every neck and body go together without a little gap or and need for a little bit of sanding. Read up so instructional info on how to fit a neck if your does slide right into place. Do not wiggle the neck or or slide it up and down in the pocket, you chip the lower edge that is thin

Top Bottom