Mini Deja noise issue

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by vintage66, Dec 18, 2009.

1. vintage66

vintage66 Member

My Mini Deja Vibe is causing noise when the pedal is turned off-I can still hear kind of a voltage type hum that is in rhythm with the speed the pedal is set at. It gets faster when I turn the speed up and slower with it down. I can only hear it when I'm not playing but it pulsates-kind of a white noise.

Does the light inside still flash with the pedal off? Could that be picked up by the power supply somehow? I'm using a PP2+.

I emailed Fulltone over two weeks ago and haven't heard-they don't take calls anymore. Any chance this is normal? Anyone else's do that?

2. vintage66

vintage66 Member

Bump for the night shift.

3. steveb

steveb Member

Yes, the light pulses constantly. The on/off switch routes your signal through the circuit or bypasses it. I has similar issues when I didn't usethe Fulltone wall wart. Plug the wall part into the AC outlet on the PP2 & it should be better.

4. JeffOlson

JeffOlson Member

I had a similar issue when I did not use the included Fulltone wallwart. Solution: use the Fulltone wallwart. I know it's a pain, but that was my only solution for the MDV noise issue.

5. vintage66

vintage66 Member

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I'm surprised that light pulses constantly with it off though-good thing I unplug it when I'm done.

6. vintage66

vintage66 Member

Tried it with the adapter and it seems to have solved the noise issue. Thanks guys. And no thanks to Fulltone, who still hasn't answered my email.:messedup