Mini Expression pedals for Strymons?

MogwaiBoy

The expression wheel on my Disaster Area DMC-4 is controlling the Timeline's loop volume, but I'm thinking about getting some expression duties cooking for the BigSky. I don't really feel like buying a full blown expression pedal, so I'm considering a few littlies...

Anyone tried one of these?..

http://saturnworkspedals.com/shop/utilities/expression-pedal

or one of these?...

http://this1smyne.com/shop/me-mini-expression-pedal/

With regards to the pot value, the Strymons apparently accept 100K or 250K the best. On the T1M page you can choose 100K or 250K... would there be any noticeable difference? Obviously not in sound, but maybe in accuracy or something?

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

grozeil

I am using the This1smyne but do not remember the pot value. Just tell Dan which one fits the best for your purpose (that is what i did).
A bit tricky to use at first, but after some days, i find this kind of expression pedal more precise than a standard expression pedal. You just have to place it at the right place on your pedalboard for maximum ease.

Steven

I have one of those from Saturnworks. Its very good and it works like a charm IMHO (despite the small size). I´m using mine mostly as an effect level controller for the Timeline. IIRC I bought it on ebay from Saturnworks and it was a smooth transaction.

rust_in_peace

I have the T1M one that I used with my M9 that I really liked. If I could offer some advice:

Place the knob near the edge of your board and leave room for your foot to get to it. That way you can have your foot on the ground and sort of drag your heel while making adjustments. I found this to work far better then having it towards the back of your board where you have to try and balance on one leg, lightly put your foot on the wheel, then twisting your foot.

MogwaiBoy

Thanks guys! It will be at the bottom right edge of my pedalboard, just above a Polytune Mini. I'm still wondering if I want to control effect level, repeats, or some other cool stuff (controlling the Tone of BigSky reverbs might be fun) - maybe different things for different reverbs. Anyway I'll grab one and see how it goes.

Are T1M's TRS cables right angled?

jurfin

^^^ yes - he made me a really nice TRS pancake cable for something like 10 bucks or so.

afterosmosis

I used a T1M expression knob to control repeats on an El Cap. It was fine when sitting in a chair at home, but it was a gigantic pain to use live unless you're ok with "close enough" settings.

I have the itch to add some expression control to my BigSky, and I'll be using a standard expression pedal to do it.

Drama

AMT have a small expression pedal out soon, same size as the Japanese Girl Wah. I'm keen to get hold of a couple.

tnuc

Why not put the pot on the side of the pedal™ so you can control it with the plantar side of your foot?

baggas

I have a Nose expression knob, similar to the T1M ones. Have just set it up with my BigSky and am reminded of my frustration with the Strymon big boxes - there is no way to globally set the expression pedal to control a parameter such as mix. It's annoying to have to go in and save it individually per preset. I wish they would allow you to do it either way.