• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Mini Humbuckers: what are your favs?

grooveht

I'm putting together a tele-esque sort of build with a mini slot in the neck position and a tele single in the bridge. Bridge P/U will be a DMZ Area Hot T, and I'm looking for a warm mini to pair it with. So, what do you like?

Edit: Here's the body...

jzgtrguy

Interesting guitar, I'd like to see it when your all done. I don't know that much about mini's but I would check out Jason Lollar based on his reputation.

grooveht

Interesting guitar, I'd like to see it when your all done. I don't know that much about mini's but I would check out Jason Lollar based on his reputation.
Thanks...the build should be happening in about a week when I get home on mid-tour leave, if my wife will let me get away for a bit to play with guitars that is :D

dantedayjob

I like the Duncan Custom Mini... I had one in a Fender Bronco for a while, it was pretty cool. a lot of people liked the tone... I never fell in love with the shorter scale though, so I sold that guitar off...

pcovers

the lollar is v v good but ron thorn is now doing them and i want one - bet its amazing!!!!
Lollar minis are the best I have played. The near perfect all around humbucker to my ears. I knew Ron was doing P90s, I didn't know he is doing minis. I have to hear those.

amc

I have to add another glowing recommendation for Jason Lollar's mini-hums
My favorite pickups........

ssdeluxe

I like the sd one that's on the hotrod tele, very very nice.

and somebody will probably flame me for this, but I truly loved the unique neck tone of the ceramic stock gibby mini on the custom shop kerry green firebird 7 I once owned and stupidly sold before I could figure out you can put mini gotoh tuners instead of those "50cents up/down" banjo tuners :Spank

those ones had such a distinct voice and cut amazing well with gr8 tone on recordings. I'll have to get another 7 some day !

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
Anderson has a really cool mini-humbucker now, too.

zombiwoof

Silver Supporting Member
The minihums with polepieces and the Firebird pickups are two different things, they are constructed differently and sound different.

Al

Trending Topics