Mini Plug Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by the tourist, Sep 11, 2015.

1. the tourist

the tourist Member

Why don't any of the standard patch cable companies make a cable using a mini plug like the ones Lava cable has in their solder free kits? I can't seem to find any.

I've got a bunch of pancake jack cables for my board but the plugs on those are then too close together when outputs/inputs on the pedal are close to external tap tempo input jacks. With some of the mini-plug cables of varying lengths (3", 6", 12", and 18" - standard sizes), I could fit those pedals much closer together and add a couple pedal slots to my board.

And before a bunch of people suggest soldering my own or using solderless: I don't have the time nor inclination to purchase soldering equipment and learn to solder. Working 50 hours a week and caring for a newborn barely affords me the time to play, much less take on special learning projects. And as for the solderless, I seem to hear about them failing at the worst possible time....

2. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

We actually offer our mini soldered patch cables premade.

3. SirGilmour

SirGilmour Member

:idea

4. Thor

Thor Member

Trust me on this one - go with the pre-made cables. Lava makes great cables, but the solderless kits can be mind-numbingly frustrating......

5. Black_Label

Black_Label Member

I'm eagerly awaiting the day that George L's starts making trs cables. Getting sized trs is always a problem for every board I've ever made.