Mini Size reverb pedals

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
Redoing my pedalboard setup so everything fits perfectly. I need a mini size reverb pedal that can hopefully do a variety of sounds and do them well. I'm also very much ok with a pedal that does one thing VERY well, especially if it's in the Plate-ish ballpark. The Hall of Fame 2 mini seems an obvious first choice. I don’t like micro knobs, so I’m avoiding anything with those. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
One Control: Prussian blue reverb is a really great sounding mini size pedal but does not provide variety of sounds.
Thanks. I'm ok with a lack of variety if the core sound is very good and lives in the highly useful typical Plate-style ballpark.

Another vote for the Mr Black. I was also looking for a small always on verb and found a used Mr Black for a decent price and took a chance. I'm very happy with it. No frills, but a little more flexible that it may seem as the controls interact a bit, if subtlely so. It does small room to large room to plate (tone up, decay/mix down).

Hawkmoon269

Irrational Digitech Fanatic
Silver Supporting Member
It’s only $23, shipping included.

It sounds OK. Not amazing. But it costs less than parking your car downtown for 3 hours.

Thanks for the Mr Black recs. I'm assuming it legit sounds good, but I really do hate those micro knobs with a passion.
Right - sorry, I somehow missed that detail in your OP! They aren't my favorite either but, I pretty much never change the settings at this point. They feel very firm, FWIW. Let us know what you decide!

jamester

Gold Supporting Member
For those with the Mr. Black Mini, if used straight into the amp how is the pre-delay? Does it neuter or retain pick attack?

I have the Mini Echo-Delay and it's fantastic, been wondering about the reverb also. But no fx loops here, gotta go straight in.

@skiltrip are you looking to use it front of amp or effects loop?

modal-wool

Silver Supporting Member
For those with the Mr. Black Mini, if used straight into the amp how is the pre-delay? Does it neuter or retain pick attack?

I have the Mini Echo-Delay and it's fantastic, been wondering about the reverb also. But no fx loops here, gotta go straight in.

@skiltrip are you looking to use it front of amp or effects loop?
Another vote for the mr black, awesome unit. It retains pick attack really well with mix set below noon, which is where you’ll usually have it unless you’re playing shoe gazey stuff I imagine

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
The mini Hall Of Fame reverb gets the job done as well.
So far, looking at all the options, I keep coming back to the Hall of Fame 2 mini. It just makes sense. I'll likely assign a Plate toneprint and just leave it be, but it's nice to have the option that If I'm looking for something different It's just a BEAM away to load it.

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
So far, looking at all the options, I keep coming back to the Hall of Fame 2 mini. It just makes sense. I'll likely assign a Plate toneprint and just leave it be, but it's nice to have the option that If I'm looking for something different It's just a BEAM away to load it.
The Plate setting is where I keep my HOF mimi - It just envelopes the notes better than the spring setting, it's a very pleasing verb.

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
The Plate setting is where I keep my HOF mimi - It just envelopes the notes better than the spring setting, it's a very pleasing verb.
Thanks. I’m pretty much settled on the HOF 2 mini. Hoping to find one in the Emporium before I hit up Sweetwater.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom