Mini-Sized Klone

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jess 1971, Dec 6, 2019.

1. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Mod Squad Staff Member

Folks, don’t advertise your own business items in this thread. You’ll get reported and Warned (or an Infraction) every time.

Thank you.

jpagey likes this.
  2. CoastalRyan

CoastalRyan Member

I can understand this but even if the OP is asking for the very specific thing you make?

Seems like he was being more helpful than self promoting.

The thread was directly asking for it.

Not trying to be argumentative but if I were the OP I would hope those that offer what I’m looking for would actually advise me that they do make what I’m looking for... being that the thread was created to find such an item.

Chartle, jimijimmyjeffy and Jess 1971 like this.
  3. DGTCrazy

You need to review the rules regarding SPAM to understand why the post was reported and then removed. The best way to avoid this type of situation in the future is to simply PM any Vendor, Business or Rep of gear as to what their prices are.

Thank you.

4. CoastalRyan

CoastalRyan Member

Okay. Weird rule but okay.

5. White Limo

White Limo Member

Tone City Bad Horse is a great pedal. Sounds nice to me as a boost. Worth the $50 and rock solid build.

jpagey likes this.
  6. DGTCrazy

You didn’t receive a Warning for SPAM. You didn’t break the SPAM rule. Understanding it is something I can only direct you to as to why another member was Warned.

Thank you.

7. chv

chv Supporting Member

I second (third?) the Pickdropper mini centaur. I recently purchased one and it rivals any of the big boys.

coltonius and pickdropper like this.
  8. grego7

grego7 has left the building Gold Supporting Member

Fourth. Just got one and it sounds great. Top shelf workmanship.

CoastalRyan and pickdropper like this.
  9. zosozep7

zosozep7 Silver Supporting Member

Your inbox is full!!

10. Leftyman

Leftyman Gold Supporting Member

I did a direct comparison between the Wampler Tumnus and Mosky Silver Horsie. I liked the Mosky. I purchased it for $23 including shipping. Sounds great.

Pidgin English and willc68 like this.
  11. CoastalRyan

CoastalRyan Member

Another for the Minitaur. Got mine today and spent some time with it.

Early impressions. Pretty open drive and added a nice fullness when dialing back the volume knob on the guitar. Minimal compression until you get past 3 o’clock on the drive. Played real nice with my Clusterfuzz mini and really opened up a fy-2 fuzz clone I put ahead of it.

This little mini is a winner.

pickdropper and grego7 like this.
  12. JoePerkinsMusic

JoePerkinsMusic Member

Huge fan of the Decibelics - absolutely mega Klone :)

sanhozay and Gila_Crisis like this.
  13. jvin248

jvin248 Member

I picked up the Moskey golden horse for $28 (shown in post #19 review video from page one) a few weeks back.
    Works as advertised and reviewed.

Pidgin English likes this.
  14. Abandoned

Abandoned Tweed Tube Tone Purist Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

I’ve been trying to figure out why all these new latest and great KLONES are getting such attention and popularity since the Arc Effects already owned the “perfect KLON clone” territory. Do these other pedals really do a better job? Ceriatone, Ryra, etc.?

Between the Arc Effects and the Tumnus which did you like better? Can you compare and contrast them? I want a KLON type pedal

sanhozay likes this.
  15. Gila_Crisis

Gila_Crisis Member

I wanted also to suggeest this pedal! I never tried Decibelics pedals, but I was almost thinking about getting their mini Boss HM2 clone, the angry Swede!

16. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009 Silver Supporting Member

the first overdrive i purchased was a gold horsie klon from bill. then i purchased a silver. i regrettably sold them right before he stopped building them. i really was not a seasoned or sage pedal guy and moved them to try other things; fulltone & way huge. wacky me.

i've been trying to find a klon klone for the past ten years that captured the warmth and sizzle of my gold klon. i've tried just about all of them. the closes are the decibelic and the centura. the decibelic being slightly warmer and fuller bass / but nothing like the bottom end the tumnus has. ryra is also outstanding & very similar to the arc. all of them are fairly similar as a clean boost. but the klon has always had outstanding distortion & overdrive sounds. sorta like the mid focus of a tube screamer but more low end and clarity. some of the klones don't really get the drive settings past 10 sounds quite right. a lot feel spikey and sound unpleasant. the directness of a klon can be hard & harsh and some people say it's a perfect frequency for a band mix. and while i mostly agree, they often just aren't the best tonally perfect overdrive. but - as a generalization - out of all the circuits out there, the klon has the best and most interactive three pots that are capable of many tones. and that's an area where some klones just don't measure up. if the taper of the pots aren't right and the overdrive tones are harsh and shave off too much bass then it's a klone that's not quite there.
    that's a lot of snooty observations but i'm just another monkey swinging off the interweb vines. i would never imply my best is your best. most of the klones are very, very good alternatives to the original pedal, or the very, very bad idea of spending $3500 for a real klon pedal.

JoePerkinsMusic likes this.
  17. JoePerkinsMusic

JoePerkinsMusic Member

Aha yeah - that one isn't really my sorta thing, but sounds epic for 'that' sound! :)

18. Gila_Crisis

Gila_Crisis Member

For that sound (but not only) I have an Earthbound Audio Throat Locust! You shall check it out ;)

JoePerkinsMusic likes this.
  19. Pidgin English

Pidgin English Member

I use the Mosky on my mini board. It’s a great low gain drive.

forgivenman likes this.
  20. Rick1114

Rick1114 Member

Fwiw, I just picked up a used Piedmont Electronic Aluminum Falcon for $100 (The smaller one in the blue enclosure). Sure it's not a mini, but I took a look inside, and this thing looks well built with a lot of attention to detail on the circuit board. No harshness anywhere on the dials, and it slays going into my Jan Ray clone. Apparently this guy designed the Archer. Finally I get what the klones circuit is all about.

I had the Tumnus initially, and never really "got" what the fuss was about. It was harsh at all settings except when being used as a boost, output was too high for home use, and it doesn't have the nice satisfying crunchy rhythm or single note lead tones I'm enjoying with my $100 Aluminum Falcon lol...