Mini vacation

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by golfnut, Jan 19, 2015.

1. golfnut

golfnut Member

So I have some V days to use up from last year and want to take off February 11th to the 14th. I decided I want to go to Nashville. Its only a 10 hour drive from me and average February temps seem significantly warmer than where I'm from. (Southern Ontario, Canada).
    I've no interest in doing the all inclusive resort thing. I've done it and its not my favorite thing to do. Hot temperatures don't entice me. at 20 degrees F to me is almost shorts weather.
    So I'm looking for some tips as to good places to stay, eat, honky tonks for good local music. Obviously ryman is a must. Any other must sees? Tips, etc.
    As well not sure if golfing is a possibility. So just want to know if packing the golf clubs is worth it. I've golfed in the snow before so if the weather happens to be in the 50's I'd be game. As long as it isn't a wet and muddy mess.

2. golfnut

golfnut Member

3. loudboy

loudboy Member

Stay close to Downtown.

Just head to Lower Broadway for entertainment, unless another place has a show you want to see.

See the Hall of Fame, including Studio B.

4. HeyMrTeleMan

HeyMrTeleMan Colonel of Truth Gold Supporting Member

Gruhn's Guitars are there, no?
    That would be a must for me.
    Heck, Nashville must be guitar city!

5. golfnut

golfnut Member

Yes Gruhns would definitely be on the agenda for me. I don't know what the wife is gonna do during that time. Guess I'm gonna have to find a day spa for her.

6. golfnut

golfnut Member

Thanks.