1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Mini Vent

Discussion in 'Keyboards' started by heberman, Feb 10, 2019.

1. heberman

heberman Member

I'm thinking about the Mini Vent II for my Roland VR-09. Looking for some feedback. Anyone have any experience with this pedal?

2. thatguyoverthere

thatguyoverthere Member

I’m in a band with a keyboard player who swears by it over Nord’s inbuilt Leslie simulation. They seem pretty amazing.

3. Gibby60

Gibby60 Supporting Member

Check out Jim Alfredson's vent videos.

4. Stokely

Stokely Member

Before putting my "new keyboard" plans on hold for a couple reasons, I was thinking of getting my buddy's FA-06 (cheap) and maybe a leslie pedal. After doing some research, I came to the conclusion that the Lester K would be a worthy upgrade at much, much cheaper than a vent. I think the vent would be ideal but it was just a bit too much for me. Reverb had a mint Lester K for 130 or so. There is a good demo of someone playing a Reface through it in mono--which is important for me, some fx don't work in mono and I play that way live--and it sounds plenty good to me.

5. pcs9527

pcs9527 Member

I agree with the above, Lester K is a great value. It does not have a lot of overdrive, so if you want a really distorted organ sound you'd need to have the sound overdriven before it hits the Lester K. Also the tone is darker than the Vent pedals, which I like but some people do not. Since you have the VR09, if you added a bit of overdrive from that and then ran it into the Lester K I bet you could get the heavier organ tones if you needed those.

6. Gibby60

Gibby60 Supporting Member

I tried the Lester K, it doesn’t have that moving air vibe to it. It just was like a rotary pedal. The mini vent is worth it if you need it. I like theLeslie sim on the SK1, so I just bought an overdrive. The mini vent has a preamp with different drives. So, it does two things.

7. Stokely

Stokely Member

Hmm, good info on the Lester. As I say, my plans for it are on hold at the moment, might get an Electro and I'm fine with the internal sim on that keyboard.

I would certainly want overdrive on any pedal if I used one, that's generally a weak point of most of the keyboards that would benefit from a pedal! I've heard the Vent overdrive is indeed very nice.

8. 64 Tele

64 Tele Member

I've got a Roland VR09 and use the original Neo Ventilator (clips of mini Vent I like even better).
    PM me and I'll e-mail you a recorded example of my VR09 with NeoVent.

9. heberman

heberman Member

Not quite sure how to PM you.

10. 64 Tele

64 Tele Member

Hover over your name (heberman) in upper right hand corner of page. There should be a conversations line that shows up. Click on that.

11. 64 Tele

64 Tele Member

see reply

12. silver surfer

silver surfer Member

As a gigging keyboardist I go back to the days of the Dynacord. Went through a couple more, but then found the first Vent that came out and stayed with that. Very impressed with the Vent for tone and feel - used with the Nord 2 and 3. I now own the Nord 5 and can get by with the new Leslie sim they used in that for convenience, but still think the Vent sounds better.

13. heberman

heberman Member

can you e-mail me? jrcraig@bellsouth net

14. Jr Deluxe

Jr Deluxe Member

The vent has been around for about 12 years and is still at or very near the top. Quite an accomplishment. Especially in the keyboard and fx game. Its worth the extra dough. Once you get one you wont want to go back. Ok, a couple of hard cases at the keyboard corner got it and sold theirs but those guys wanted to dislike it.

silver surfer likes this.
  15. 64 Tele

64 Tele Member

Will do....look for heading of VR09/Ventilator.