• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Minifooger Delay

CrispyTone

It just arrived, but I didn't realize it didn't take batteries and I don't have any adapters so still waiting to try it. I like using batteries better, to me they are quieter and smoother operation.

gearscrubs

It just arrived, but I didn't realize it didn't take batteries and I don't have any adapters so still waiting to try it. I like using batteries better, to me they are quieter and smoother operation.
My V1 MF Delay takes a battery. In fact, I'm pretty sure it came with one installed.

Orwells Ghost

The minifoogers don't use a conventional battery clip; the battery setup is actually quite clever, you should take a second look.

CrispyTone

I understand its supposed to genuinely imitate the EP-3, but that fake winding tape noise is too much. Also, the digital-ness of the actual delay, the repeats, is there. Maybe the DOD spoiled me for real old-school delays, but I may stick with bucket brigade.

CrispyTone

I'm starting to dig it a little more. I get more response and better overall tone when I let the preamp drive my front end, and lay off the guitar volume. I get more of an articulate crunch with clearer tone, but the BE preamp is making up for the lower volume of the guitar by making the overall signal hotter.

Flatscan

Silver Supporting Member
Get the Moog and an exp pedal and bring a light touch. You'll get enough tape with an analog repeat.

CrispyTone

I was already thinking of exchanging. I already have a late 70s/early 80s DOD 595A analog delay that is great bucket brigade sound. I think the BE sounds more natural when I lay off the guitar's volume but drive the amp and pedal.

CrispyTone

I might return it. It's not what I thought, and I wish the control of the preamp was more. I'm not a big fan of the fake tape-winding noise. It drives the guys in my band nuts. I don't care about that so much, but it is annoying. I want a delay with a preamp, but if I want to use it in the loop, maybe I'm better off getting a separate boost.

Trending Topics