• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Minneapolis Effects Repair

blankfield

Gold Supporting Member
Yo!

Anyone have recommendations or places to avoid for effects repair in or around Minneapolis?

Obviously reliability, professionalism and affordability are key. Specifically, I'm looking to get someone to troubleshoot the "Blend" pot on an AD80.

Thanks for your suggestions.

MjCartney

Neo-Maxi Zoom Dweebie
Gold Supporting Member
Not sure if they're still around, but "The Good Guys" serviced just about anything electronic and musical. Used to be in the basement of an apartment building on Grand, real easy to overlook as you drive by. Google says they're at: 1111 Grand Ave in St. Paul. Phone 651-292-9165

One of the guys at Twin Town in Mpls. does repair and mods also. www.twintown.com

WesKuhnley

Skip the trouble with both those guys...

Google Casey Gooby. TOP-NOTCH service, fast, good, and reasonably priced. Picks up from local shops on a regular basis.

Casey recently did some work on my amp. He was super fast and did a terrific job. You could call him and see if he can work on your pedal.

mangoman

Gold Supporting Member
+1 for KJ at Twin Town. Another dude who is great, but now makes his own stuff, so he may be too busy is Sayer Payne of Heavy Electronics.

noredr2

you could also check SolidBodyGuitar in Mounds View (just off 35W). If Wally doesn't do it there, he probably has some good references

Zero

What would repairing a pedaL cost? I have one gathering dust I'd like to have repaired but what has held me back is, wouldn't the repair possibly equal the cost of a new one? I'm talking a pedal I paid $90 for. I could stomach $40-50 but any more than that I'd be kicking myself.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Most pedals are simple fixes, solder, replaced op amps and so on, so the bench charge rules the day: figure $20-50 depending on the guy's philosophy.

The amp/pedal guy at Dave's in LaCrosse is really good, helped me with some ridiculously complicated repairs (like MXR stuff from the 80s).

blankfield

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks for the replies, all. Some really good suggestions to get me (and apparently many others) pointed in the right direction.

Trending Topics