Sold MINT 2014 REDPLATE RP50D **** Great Price!

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs Emporium Archive' started by seanjo, Apr 21, 2016.

1. seanjo

seanjo Member

This is the most dynamic and flexible of the all Redplate amplifiers. Currently is equipped with 6L6s but is configured to hold KT88s for more volume and headroom. This amp is a top of the line Dumble Clone with considerable more flexibility. 2 clean preamp channels (Blackface and Tweed) that are stellar stand alone vintage cleans. Tone knob on Tweed can be pulled out to transform it into a Brownface. 2 distinct OD channels (Edge and Body) that can be cascaded to create an infinite variety of complex overtones, saturation, sustain and crunch. Onboard reverb controlled by knob on the back. Reverb can be completely taken out of the circuit by turning it off. Other features are: 3 position Bright/Fat switch, single coil / HB switch, Smooth (plays itself) switch, Mid Boost, master volume, Funk-mid-jazz-rock-fat knob, heavy duty footswitch with cable, presence, fully buffered effects loop.
    Sounds like an overly complex platform but it is not! Very simple, intuitive and Flexible! Comes with a matching 1x12 ported cab loaded with a Celestion Vintage. The cab and speaker are a great match with a very nice bottom end. Tolex is Black Paisley and grill is sort of a vintage fender silver. Comes with new slip covers. The Amp has been used but has never left the house, is 100% Hand wired PTP and is MINT.

I would consider in trade: MJT, Boutique or Fender (USA, MIJ) STRAT or TELE + or - cash.

Cash price is $2500 PPG and Buyer pays Shipping Costs.

This amp & cab (with slip covers) would cost you $4100 new if bought directly.

Here is a RP50R demo from Redplate...

The amp in my ad is this amp PLUS an additional OD channel that can be cascaded. Think ASTRODUST + RP50R!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  2. jacmac

jacmac Silver Supporting Member

65 deluxe reverb?

3. seanjo

seanjo Member

Depends. I'm not interested in any of the Reissues. If its vintage PM me with some pics. Thanks

4. Rin Vinson

Rin Vinson Member

Question...ON the rear there is a Watt selector. It looks like 50 Watts is North or Up. Then it says 40/18 watts on the south or bottom side. Is that a three way switch? Middle is 40 watts and down is 18 watts? How does that work?
    Thank You

5. Rin Vinson

Rin Vinson Member

I see. I just read the manual online. If you use 6v6's it will take the output down to 18W on the low side.

6. ToneSeeker1969

ToneSeeker1969 Member

I've been in search of this amp in the combo. I have to say that everything that I've heard and read online about Redplate has left me fixated on getting my hands on one of these. The big negative is that there are zero dealers around to try one. The amp is a huge part of the tone, but we all know that the guitar and the hands of the player make a huge impact on the sound. I know the cleans are fantastic, just not sure how loud it needs to be to get nasty when you want to. For gigs in smaller clubs, and weddings, where I don't want to be killing people with volume, is this amp overkill?

7. kwd1987

kwd1987 Member

im surprised you chose a vet 30 in this. Most people think that's the last speaker you'd want for a d-style amp.

8. Slotunes

Slotunes Supporting Member

The Vintage 30 is what Henry suggests.I used one in my old Black and blues and it sounded great!

9. seanjo

seanjo Member

It's certainly the proper cab. If I end up holding onto it I might trying some other speakers. As has already been said I just went with Henrys call on the Vintage 30.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  10. seanjo

seanjo Member

I considered a combo for some time but I like this setup better. The individual components are lightweight and much easier to carry and configure. The master volume is very sensitive. I can get saturated growl and complex overtones at really low volume. To tell you the truth this is the only RP50D I have seen anywhere.

G3sal likes this.
  11. Tehillah

Tehillah Silver Supporting Member

I'm so stoked about my preowned RP50 combo I picked up a couple of weeks ago from Willhutch (thanks, Bro, btw!) Stellar amp! Very versatile- haven't fully explored it, but received it on a Thursday, gigged it Th/Fri and Sun before having to go out of town LOVE IT- very usable tones, and I prefer the combo for the ease of transport- Toneseeker, IF you don't pick up seanjo's, why not put a "WTB" ad in the emporium- someone may very well hook you up- happy hunting AND GLWTS, either way, seanjo- someone will avail themselves of your excellent amp-

12. seanjo

seanjo Member

Just remember guys this the RP50D model: 2 cleans, 3 if you count the brownface (Just like the RP50R) plus 2 OD channels (RP50R has 1) that can be cascaded. It's an RP50R and an Astrodust Duo.

13. ToneSeeker1969

ToneSeeker1969 Member

The best sounding demo I've heard on YouTube was a Star Dust with KT-88's. Granted those heads are over 100watts, and they were most likely cranked up a bit....but man alive! What a ripping tone!

Can I achieve this type of gain with the RP-50D? I would love to get that tone along with the wonderful fat bluesy cleans, or do I need to get whatever the 50watt version of that head is in the YouTube link?

Charvel951 likes this.
  14. seanjo

seanjo Member

Yes you can. The RP50D has the same clean channels, 2 OD channels and mid boost. The 2 amps are laid out differently in some ways. The RP50D has onboard reverb. The 3 knob EQ is on different channel but the rest of the features are all there. I will ask the Redplate guys about the master volume characteristics and differences if any.

15. Charvel951

Charvel951 Member

Would you be interested in a Tom Anderson Cobra, plays, looks and sounds great?

16. ToneSeeker1969

ToneSeeker1969 Member

I spoke it Henry today a bit. I'm still interested to hear some audio clips of your amp. Have you recorded anything with it by chance?

17. seanjo

seanjo Member

What did he say about the Master Volume on the 2 amps? I will have to put a clip together. Let me see what I can come up with.

18. ToneSeeker1969

ToneSeeker1969 Member

Seems to be steering me towards one of the newer amps. The Magica in particular. One of the things that he feels was an improvement on that amp was the fact that the clean Channel had its own full EQ section separate from the overdrive channels. I also entered into this thinking what I really wanted was a departure from my EL 34 amps, and to get into an amp with some 6L6 or KT-88 style tubes. My desire is to have clean tones that are both fat and warm blackface type, but he seem to be steering me in the direction of EL-34 it again. I left it off that I was going to continue doing my homework, and listen to his many clips of the Magica and other models to better educate myself on the differences. I have no doubt that whatever I choose will sound great.

Charvel951 likes this.
  19. ToneSeeker1969

ToneSeeker1969 Member

Just got back from vacation today. Been burning up my data plan watching YouTube videos, doing research on different amps. I haven't been sold 100% on any of the Redplate amps yet, mainly because of the overdrive tones. A little different than what I'm used to. It seems like most of the demo videos are of players soloing the whole time. Almost like jazz fusion lead tones as opposed to what tone I typically go for. I was also a little unclear about being able to set it, and forget it. What I mean is, set up my clean, rythym, and lead tones all separate, without compromising any one channel because they stack. I would feel way more comfortable spending $2000+ on an amp that I could actually play through before I purchased it. I have also been researching some of the Suhr amps. A bit of a different animal, but also good stuff. I believe your amp is great, and at a reasonable price, just uncomfortable not having played it myself. If you lived closer I'd definitely have taken the ride to check it out. I haven't forget about you though. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a shop within 2 hours of me that I could go at least hear a Redplate. Did you ever get any recording of yours?

20. Guitarbean25

Guitarbean25 Silver Supporting Member

We should keep the chit-chat to a minimum on for sale threads...especially if questioning the item. Keep that stuff to PMs.

nichd, Crash-VR, seanjo and 1 other person like this.