Mint

-Empire

Silver Supporting Member
Ha! Who is crying? Just thought it was ironic. I want to share with my fellow gearheads. I love irony. Sorry you didn't see my post that way.

I guess I will have to go back to posting about the difference between three different Klone models. Much more relevant.
sorry you're right

tubekingsley

I don't get how you list a pedal as mint in a sales ad but then further down in the description you say it has a small chip on the front and some light scratches.

Pretty much the antithesis of mint.
You can't list a chipped/scratched pedal as "mint"... Oh, wait... I guess you can-

MrMoose

You're right!

Reverb.com defines mint as: "For something to truly be mint, it needs to be just shy of Brand New. Mint items should include the original packaging in most cases. If there's any sort of imperfection, the item should be listed in Excellent condition at best."

I never, ever describe anything (gear or otherwise) I am selling as "mint" unless it is something brand new and shrink-wrapped, because to me those things are synonymous. The minute you describe something as mint you are creating an expectation that the item is in like 99% perfect condition. I've witnessed this in the record collecting world, where people go batshit crazy over things that are perceived to be graded wrong (and conversely, I've received "mint" LPs that looked like they were used as a surfboard on a gravel slope).

IMO it's always better to be conservative and grade something a little lower so that way people can be surprised if something is in better condition than expected.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Mint is just a word used to attract eyes to an ad like "the"
It's accuracy rates up there with "smoke free" and "never gigged"

If we had to pay by the word like in the days of newspaper classified ads... geez, remember those days?

Trending Topics