Miracle Cloth equals Gorgomyte??

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by cdntac, Jan 27, 2012.

1. cdntac

cdntac Member

A few weeks ago in one of the other Gorgomyte threads there was a discussion about whether it is the same as Miracle Cloth.

So I took a chance and ordered three packs of Miracle Cloth from their Canadian supplier. http://www.mpcloth.com/

Total cost: $10 (they had a deal on their website). Price of Gorgomyte for three packs (in the new size): $30.95 (including shipping).

My Miracle Cloth arrived today.

As far as I can tell it is the same product. The cloth smells like Gorgomyte but is slightly thicker and it's not as damp --- but it worked just as well if not better. The cloth went very black as soon as I started using it (just like Gorgomyte but even more black and faster).

After using it on my PRS SC 245 I have to conclude it's the same product --- at a 1/3 of the price!

Note that Gorgomyte recently changed the size of their cloth --- and coincidently enough it's the same size as the Miracle Cloth.

Gorgomyte comes in a resealable bag --- Miracle Cloth does not. Guess what I'm going to be putting in a Zip-Lock bag....

2. cdntac

cdntac Member

Oops...meant to put this in the Tech section. Will repost there.

3. MarkF786

MarkF786 Member

Yes, all indications are they are the same except for the resealable bag.