• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Missing back plate to Morley pedal. What to do?

gfarina55

Silver Supporting Member
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement back plate to this great sounding Morley phaser? Love the pedal but I can't use it w/batteries dangling around. Is there someone out there who makes pedals who could fabricate one, or any DIY advice?

IMG_4123 2.jpeg

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Platinum Supporting Member
I don't have any of that-series of Morley pedals (I'm more a a giant-chrome-monstrosity type of player)

Can you get an accurate measure of the LxW on the box, and how wide the flange (rim) is?
I don't think they used a standard -sized box, but you might be able to get a piece of plexiglas/acrylic cut for it at a place like TAP Plastics (not even sure they are around any more).
That's the way I'd go.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Take it to a sheet metal or aluminum fabricator. They can easily make a plate for you in no time.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
If you don't want to spend the money for a metal fabricator, you can actually cut one out of heavy cardboard or better that plastic cardboard stuff. If you don't have the screws you could use hot glue in the corners. It'll snap off to allow you to change the battery.

gfarina55

Silver Supporting Member
Thx for the tips folks, appreciate it! Now that I think of it, there's a metal shop near me here in Chicago, so I'll try that.

Laurence

Gold Supporting Member
Hard card stock. I made a missing RAT battery cover out of cardboard. It's been on there for 15 years or so...

Trending Topics