Mission Engineering - Gemini Amps

X-Mann

http://missionengineering.com/?product_cat=geminiamps

Hey Guys, Check out these new cabinets from Mission Engineering!

These are powered cabinets for for modeling devices!!!!!!

They have a 1x12 (110 watt) & a 2x10 (220 watt) cabinet.

Here's a shot of the back & it looks like you can make an open back cabinet too if you want!

Very, very cool stuff & they even show the Eleven Rack in their matching upper/head (Gemini H) cab too! :D

The matching head can also fit a 2-space power amp if needed.

Good stuff indeed!

Peace! X-Mann

Last edited:

Scott Peterson

TGP Co-Founder and Administrator
Staff member
The world of modeling is getting very interesting and that's a GREAT thing!!!!!!!

X-Mann

The world of modeling is getting very interesting and that's a GREAT thing!!!!!!!
So many GREAT choices & more on the way!!!!! :D

Mission will sell A TON OF THESE too!!!!!!!

They can grab every 2-space amp modeler User no matter what they use!

Nice job & I like the styling as well

X

Last edited:

AdamSH89

That looks excellent! I'll have to check the specs out!

And I was so close to picking up a crate power block haha.

I hope it can keep up with a drummer.

RJT

Mission Gemini™ Series
Full Range Amplified Guitar Cabinets with EmPower™ Technology January 22nd, 2014 - Mission Engineering Inc. (www.missionengineering.com), manufacturer of innovative electronic products for musicians, are proud to announce a new range of ground breaking amplified guitar cabinets designed for optimal performance with today’s digital modeling processors.

The Mission Gemini™ Series with EmPower™ Technology is the missing link in the world of digital modeling processors and software based guitar systems. Gemini combines state of the art digital amplification and interfaces that connect to almost any device, wired or wireless, with beautiful handcrafted wood cabinets that provide the look and feel of boutique tube amps.

Mission EmPower Technology features multi-channel class D power amplifiers, active crossovers with variable EQ, and full range co-axial drivers, all designed from the ground up to work together as the perfect amplification solution for modeling systems. Traditional pro-audio connectors such as ¼” jack and XLR are joined by 24bit, 192KHz high speed USB and Class 2 stereo Bluetooth wireless interfaces to connect Gemini amps directly with software based guitar systems on computers, tablets and smartphones as well as dedicated guitar processors. EmPower EQ control allows blending between a flat and a more traditional guitar cab frequency response.

“The big step was not just to create state of the art technology, but to integrate it into something beautiful and reliable that guitar players would feel at home with. Mission partnered with master cabinet maker Anthony Bonadio of Stage Craft to design and hand craft these cabs and heads, so they look and feel for all the world like high end boutique tube amps, yet you can connect up your laptop to them, or stream to them wirelessly from across the stage with your iPhone. I think that’s pretty cool” - Mission CEO, James Lebihan.

Mission Gemini amps will be available in 1x12” mono, 2x10” stereo and 19” rack mount versions. Compatible rack mount head units for processors such as Fractal Audio Axe-Fx™, Avid® Eleven Rack, Kemper Profiling Amp and Line 6 Pod® HD Pro will also be available. Shipping is expected to begin at the end of February 2014 from the Mission web store at www.missionengineering.com and approved distributors. Pricing TBA.

Mission Amplifiers and cabinets are 100% designed and manufactured in the USA.

The prices aren't being released until they can get an idea of demand for them and figure out how many to build/ship. From what I gather, we should follow them on Facebook and leave feedback (they might? have a post set up for it) if we would be interested.

RJT

Wow bluetooth as well it seems!
It'll let you wirelessly send your signal to it.. For use with Amplitube, GuitarRig, etc.. Or you can use a wired connection, as well. Suppose to be zero-latency.

RJT

Probably.. Sadly. Perhaps the 1x12 version will be in an average person's (like me) price range. I'd love to see one come out for 500-600 dollars, $400-$500 would be even better. In my dreams, right? LOL

Crow

Silver Supporting Member
I'm with you. I would love to see a 500-600 dollar price point. Once you go above that you start to run into some pretty hefty competition (CLR more a little more,etc.)...

Probably.. Sadly. Perhaps the 1x12 version will be in an average person's (like me) price range. I'd love to see one come out for 500-600 dollars, $400-$500 would be even better. In my dreams, right? LOL

Unnecessary

That's what I'm saying, if they're gonna price it up to around a grand, most people are gonna choose proven technology......

chrisjnyc

Only 110 or 220 solid state watts. If most people are using 900-1000 watts FRFR speakers (QSC, EV, CLR, etc), how is this going to hang with them?

Trending Topics