• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Mixing/recording resources?

shredtheater

I just wondered if there were any books/DVD/online courses etc out there that are considered essential in the mixing/recording world. Much like Intense Rock and Rock discipline are like a bible for the budding shredder im looking for some materials for the budding producer. Im working with logic in primarily a rock context. Im looking specifically about the mixing side as opposed to things like miking but its all good. Building a foundation on how to work with logic would also prove helpful. Currently im picking things up with trail and error and a few youtube video's

jmoose

David Hubers "Modern Recording Techniques" about as close to a bible as you'll get... its the one used by the vast majority of audio schools. Not really aware of any great books on mixing... its a learned skill. But here's the thing, your ALWAYS mixing or should be. Picking and placing microphones contributes much to the entire picture. Things are only ever going to be as good as they are at the mic, after that its downhill.

shredtheater

thanks, i will check it out. Yeah, agreed i just have a greater grasp on mic placement than i do about panning, eq's, plugins, busses etc etc at this stage. I was just looking for some general approaches and explanations at what certain things do that i can use as a base. Im predominantly a playing musician but i have been lucky to work with a couple are brilliant producers, im not looking to do their job at this stage but i find what they can do really interesting and would like a good grasp for putting together my own demo and band demos.

Thanks

Trending Topics

Top Bottom