Mixing with your mind

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Cary Chilton, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

I have heard that this book from Australia is supposed to be Killer! It is pricy that is for sure. Has anyone read it or heard good things?

2. vhollund

vhollund Member

3. E-Rock

E-Rock Member

I loved it! I've been recording for a living for over 10 years now, and it really opened my eyes to some different techniques. It is like the "Zen" approach to recording! Very cool!

4. Monkeyboy23

Monkeyboy23 Member

I have it. It's excellent. The quality of the book is top drawer in it's construction as well. I use a couple of things I learned in it all the time now.

5. Cap'n Fingers

Cap'n Fingers Member

T-Town. Home of street construction hell!
    That looks like a future purchase if I ever saw one. :drool

Thanks for posting about it.

6. Jarick

Jarick Supporting Member

Looks pretty cool.

I've learned mostly from a book called "Visual Guide to Mixing" or something like that, and the Slipperman distorted guitar narratives and rants.

Most of the basics I picked up online, and I read hundreds and hundreds of pages of internet articles on each and every facet of mixing.

But at the end of the day, the best teacher is trial and error, burning mixes and listening out in the car, and doing it thousands of times on dozens of songs until it starts to click.

So now I can put up a decent mix in under an hour, and then from there it takes me several days to fine tune it to something I'm happy with. And I'm still learning a lot, but I've come a pretty good ways from my very first stuff.