Mixwizard case

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by rico, Feb 25, 2012.

1. rico

rico Member

Any suggestions for a light in weight portable rack case for an Allen Heath Mixwizard? I don't need space for other gear in the case, just something easy to carry and quick to set up.

2. modulusman

modulusman Member

3. hunter

hunter Supporting Member

I like the looks of that case. Didn't know about those guys. I wound up with one of these:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GMix20x25

Unfortunately, not a rack mount, maybe not as sturdy, and more expensive than the mxc case linked above. It works though providing a good level of protection. What it does have that is nice is a retractable handle and wheels kinda like a suitcase setup. Makes it much easier to move around.

A 16X2 Mixwiz 3 does fit.

hunter

4. rokpunk

rokpunk Member

look at gator cases webpage. if you find one you like, hit me up and i'll get you dealer pricing on it, if ya wanna save a few bucks.

5. modulusman

modulusman Member

Audiopyle has a lot of good products at good prices. Both my guitar players bought guitar amp cases from them 4 years ago and they are very nice. They both had gator guitar amp cases that busted in less than 6 months. One of them actually broke two cases in less than a year.

6. rokpunk

rokpunk Member

gators g-tour line is far superior to audiopyle's chinese made cases. i own literally hundreds of cases, and while i agree, gator/skb aren't really meant for life on the road, neither are audiopyles cases....and i own quite a few of them. gator will replace broken parts for free if you call them and explain the problem.

7. modulusman

modulusman Member

Somehow i doubt the OP is going out on a world wide tour so I guess he could buy this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acce...-style-fixed-angle-mixer-case/581638000001502 for twice as much as the Audiopyle case I posted. :D I own several Gator products also. i have also had two of there plastic racks break on me. The handles on the sides will eventually come loose and come out of the holes IME. BTW where are Gator cases manufactured this says overseas http://www.gatorindustrialcases.com/Manufacturers/Home

8. rokpunk

rokpunk Member

ya want a quality case, build your own! the only cases that i have bought that actually were worth the cost were for my M7CL's, and they cost me $2000 each.

9. rico

rico Member

Thank you for the recommendations. The EWI case is the style I had in mind, but the Gator GMIX is much lighter and has wheels, so I'm likely to go with the Gator.

10. TimmyP

TimmyP Member

Dunno if they have one for it, but the SKB cases that are clones of Pelicans are quite good, and the prices aren't bad. So long as you don't mind removing the mixer from the case instead of leaving it in a tray.

11. smolder

smolder Gold Supporting Member

yes, resurrecting an old thread.

I like the price of the audiophile... anyone put a mixwiz in one to be sure it fit? Other recommendations? I don't need it to be super tough... Just taking it to the local bars and back home.

12. okie

okie Supporting Member

My Mixwiz 3 fits perfectly in the audiopile case.

13. imaxeman69

imaxeman69 Member

14. smolder

Thanks! Very helpful.

15. Mark McPheeters

Mark McPheeters Member

I bought one of these just prior to the audiopile case becoming available. It is very high quality. It's 3 inches shorter that the EWI case, but 8 lbs heavier. If the EWI would have been available then, that is what I would have gone with...

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/314140.html

16. smolder

Geez... Forest for the trees. Looked back at that page and the mixwiz is the exact mixer shown in the case. Ordered one yesterday.