• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Mjm foxey fuzz?

Neptune1

Hey If anybody has this pedal, please post your thoughts and how it relates to other Triangle Muff-type boxes.

LowWatt

For a striaght ahead vintage Big Muff clone nothing touches it. I owned one and gave it up for the flexibility of the Musket, but on pure vintage Muff tone it beat the Musket and every Skreddy I've played and the Hoof (which are all awesome but tweaked versions of the Big Muff)

iggs

:agree

Foxey Fuzz is amazing ... I sold mine simply out of sheer stupidity (read: needed to fund GAS)

CWFurst

I just want to see the internal build quality of the new models. Any of you have a picture of one?

sunken.anchor

I have an older big box version. I wanted one years ago but never got around to it. I picked up a used one some time last year and wish I had bought it years earlier. It sounds fantastic. I also have a Skreddy Top Fuel. I seem to remember the Top Fuel being based on a Muff, but I don't remember which version. The Skreddy is certainly smoother, but I prefer the Foxey for rhythm.

Neptune1

I appreciate everybody's good words. Makes me want to go get one right away! I have a NYC reissue and get what it's supposed to do but have a hard time working with it. I hear the old ones were much more responsive and usable.

geetarman

Gold Supporting Member
The Foxey is great it's the only Muff pedal that I've kept for the past five plus years. Mine is also the older version but it's in a shallower Hammond case and it covers everything from Floyd to Pumpkin's "Siamese Dream" tones.

LowWatt

I just want to see the internal build quality of the new models. Any of you have a picture of one?
Great build quality. NOS through and through. Here is one built in mid-2008. Can't speak for the new small box ones, but it is easy to see how he can adapt this.

TheLemon

Does anyone have more info on those transistors? Look like 2N5088s; are they newer or NOS or something?

gregb

Personallly, I really didn't like the Foxey Fuzz. It really disappointed me, as I like Fuzz Faces as well as Big Muffs. The Foxey Fuzz was too thin and "controlled" for my tastes. It sounded more like a high gain distortion than a fuzz.

geetarman

Gold Supporting Member
Personallly, I really didn't like the Foxey Fuzz. It really disappointed me, as I like Fuzz Faces as well as Big Muffs. The Foxey Fuzz was too thin and "controlled" for my tastes. It sounded more like a high gain distortion than a fuzz.
Really mine is anything but thin and controlled perhaps you had a bad one.

geetarman

Gold Supporting Member
There is perhaps no worst way to judge a pedal than based on what comes through a video camera mic IMHO.

FF71

Silver Supporting Member
There is perhaps no worst way to judge a pedal than based on what comes through a video camera mic IMHO.
It's a good start for some people, imo for a pedal that's out of reach for some.

Trending Topics