• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

MJM Fuzz Pedal clips...

EXP

thats Philip Sayce, im sure he can make any pedal sound good. i can also vouch that the pedals sound as good as they do in the clips, ive had both London Fuzzes and a Blues Devil.

I just got the london fuzz w/ bias knob in an mxr sized enclosure. Sounds fantastic. Of course, the playing in that clip helps a TON! Also, i'm sure some kindof compression/preamp was running when it was recorded.

Rob Eadgbe

I can vouch for the London 2. It sounds pretty similar with my rig (the relavent parts being a strat into an Echo Park, into a Maz 38).

LowWatt

I've got a 3-knob MJM Britbender and yep. I A/B's it against many boutique Tonebender copies before I bought it and it smoked every one I tried.

radcliff

Big question:

Where can you get those 3 knob smaller Londons??

I don't see them on the site.

fuzz+strat

Apparently, the rig used to record those clips (for the London fuzzes, at least) was a vintage Strat and a Matchless...can't remember the model.

radcliff

Thanks Ryan, I literally just found the thread from a little bit ago...I am stoked, I wanna email him about making able to cut through the band, like I read in your old post. I don't want woofy:)

TYY

Well, you can hear how bright the tone is before he rolls on the volume and it gets much darker. All the definition is gone and it creams out in a beautiful way. You will need lots of mids and especially upper mids for the tone to "cut through" with the fuzz maxed and decent pickup output. It is a real dark pedal that is pretty soft in the mids when "creamed".

But as you heard in the clips, it cleans up beautifully and becomes quite hifi and dynamic, like a good overdrive. I think you kind of have to set up your rig around the Ge london, but when you do you can get tons of different tones with nothing but it on all the time and your volume knob on the guitar. Very cool. FWIW, I also have the foxey and it is a beast. Lots more tones in that box than are heard in the clips; the tone knob is very useful.

Trending Topics