MJM london fuzz power question

Fricadelle59

I have a MJM london fuzz germanium (the black one with the bias control) and a voodoo lab iso-5.

I plugged the 9v 400ma output to the london fuzz and I think it is working fine but I read somewhere:

Before powering your pedal with a standard black barrel connector, you must verify that the pedal requires “center negative” polarity to prevent damage. Some common exceptions with their power jacks wired for “center positive” are the Fulltone ‘69, SoulBender, and Octafuzz pedals and Moogerfoogers. Reverse polarity cables are available from Voodoo Lab to properly power these pedals.

So did I do the right thing ? I think the fulltone and the mjm are quite similar... Did I damage my pedal somehow (although it is still working) ?

thanks

cubistguitar

Nah, I think he wires for center negative. If you had damage, it would not work now. Battery is your best option for that one, gonna sound da best.

CrustyHarp

Hot tube stink rules.
Gold Supporting Member
My Londons have all worked fine off a standard 9v center neg plug - no daisy chaining with anything else, however.

Stratobuc

You want a battery in your fuzz pedal. They sound best that way. I have several MJM effects. They are all center negative.

bettset

I have a MJM london fuzz germanium (the black one with the bias control) and a voodoo lab iso-5.

I plugged the 9v 400ma output to the london fuzz and I think it is working fine but I read somewhere:

Before powering your pedal with a standard black barrel connector, you must verify that the pedal requires “center negative” polarity to prevent damage. Some common exceptions with their power jacks wired for “center positive” are the Fulltone ‘69, SoulBender, and Octafuzz pedals and Moogerfoogers. Reverse polarity cables are available from Voodoo Lab to properly power these pedals.

So did I do the right thing ? I think the fulltone and the mjm are quite similar... Did I damage my pedal somehow (although it is still working) ?

thanks
does your voodoo lab have an iso jack with a sag control. only ask cause my voodoo mondo does. it is supposed to give a reaction dependent on how you set it to give the effect the feel of a dying battery. you're controlling how much voltage goes to the pedal.......at least that's how i understand it. not sure what the polarity is for this fuzz. i have several of mjm's pedals. good stuff :munch

mattymel

I have the white London. Great pedal. I've been trying just batteries in mine for the last 2 years. I've literally changed it twice. And that was just to be safe. I unplug them when I'm not playing, but I found they just sound better with batteries. And cheap batteries at that. How often is guitar life like that? Embrace it!

Trending Topics