MJM London Fuzz version 1?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Stratman69, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Stratman69

Stratman69 Member

As we all know, just like Fulltone, MJM thought it would be great to build different styles and circuit layouts of their pedals. In this case, i'm talking about the MJM London Fuzz, Germanium version.

I managed to score one from a great guy here in the Emporium and I don't really know what version it is. Such as, v.1, v.2 and etc.

Here's some pics of it: (Thanks for the pics Dan!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Judging by the circuit layout and color of this London Fuzz, I would really like to know what category it falls into. Such as what version it is (v.1? and etc).

I've seen a few different colors and layouts of the London Fuzz (Germanium) and it just puzzles me about what version i'm getting.

People say (referring to the pictures) that this is the "early big-box" version. But how early is it? Was there another type of London Fuzz before this one that had a different layout and etc?

Someone has to know!

2. Stratman69

Stratman69 Member

3. mahler

mahler Member

This is really from MJM's early days, know they are are on silk screened small boxes, great circuit though. Don't know an exact version but would assume it's the 1st or 2nd version and what's out now is 5th or 6th...sure it sounds great though.

4. mahler

mahler Member

Heres the current LF[​IMG]

5. rhythmrocker

rhythmrocker 1966 Battle of the Bands Supporting Member

Silicon v2[​IMG]Silicon v1, although it has never really been called v1 like the OCD.[​IMG]

Germanium v2 [​IMG]same here:[​IMG]
    It's like the POG in that there is a POG2 now, but never a POG1, just the first inception before it was "updated" called a POG.

6. Stratman69

Stratman69 Member