Sold MJT Warmoth Surf Green relic Stratocaster

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by Exodus5, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Exodus5

Exodus5 Supporting Member

This was my last ditch effort to try to get into playing the Stratocaster. It is, in my opinion, the perfect Stratocaster and yet I still prefer a Les Paul.
    This guitar is made from the best parts I could find. The MJT body and aged 3-ply pickguard were purchased directly from Mark Jenny. It is a Vintage medium relic in Surf Green nitro. The Warmoth custom made neck is an Eric Clapton back profile with a rosewood slab fretboard. It has a Tusq nut and jumbo frets. The tuner’s, input jack, strap buttons, string trees and bridge are all factory-relic Gotoh brand parts. The pickups are a Lollar Blackface set with a 920D wiring harness.
    I had the guys from my local luthier assemble this for me because I didn’t wanna spend all this money on parts and then screw it up at the last step. Even they noted how great it played and sounded.
    Weight 7.9lbs

$1000 plus shipping with Gibson gigbag.

Hoping for cash, but would consider a trade for a good Gibson Explorer. May consider other guitar or tube amp trades, let me know what you have.

https://flic.kr/p/2gSU6Dp

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    SnidelyWhiplash likes this.
  2. Trader

Trader Member

That's a nice looking guitar!

3. Exodus5

Thanks! It plays and sounds just as good as it looks.

4. Exodus5

Price drop! Open to trades for other guitars

5. Exodus5