1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

MK1 Boogie, original, really surprised

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by AlexF, Jul 10, 2008.

1. AlexF

AlexF Member

2. 908SSP

908SSP Supporting Member

Well it is the least expensive base model, no options no 100 watt. And you can never assume one auction is indicative of the value. I have watched loads of auctions and if you're patient you can every so often get a ripping deal.

3. MBreinin

MBreinin Supporting Member

There is a guy locally trying to get $3200 for a loaded original Mk.1 on Craigs List. I want a Mk1 really badly, but I think a grand is my limit for one. The reissues regularly come in at less.

Mike

4. Cussion

Cussion Member

I have a 60 watter, head. No reverb, but it has the Graphic EQ (which I never use)
    It's a great sounding amp. Not as bloody loud as the 100 W version. You can actually crank it up a bit without losing your ears.
    Leave it on standby for a few minutes before playing, cause it can be a bit cold sounding otherwise. At least mine is.

I would love to play mine through an Altec 417 speaker some day. :)

5. sfarnell

sfarnell Gold Supporting Member

A 60 Watter with no EQ or reverb is not as in demand as a 100 WAtter with reverb and EQ. Still, the amp sold for a good price. I would have bought it if I had known about it and if it was in the U.S.

6. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

I had a 60 watt, no EQ original no reverb Super 60 (aka Mk I) and the Boogie nuts I know incl. the one who bought mine in '98 (I bought it in '77) said they think that is the best sounding of the originals (simplest circuit). I sure enjoyed it for 21 yrs., though I don't really ever miss it or wish I had it back.

jc

7. v-verb

v-verb Supporting Member

i tried a RI Mark 1 - HUGE SURPRISE! It's a seriously nice amp - and I typically hate Boogies