MLB 2015

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by CRAIG4FSU, May 3, 2015.

1. CRAIG4FSU

CRAIG4FSU Whatever... Silver Supporting Member

How's everyone's teams fairing so far?

My Braves started strong with 5-0,but,are having a little trouble stringing together some consistency.Sitting at 3rd in the NL east,4.5 games behind #1 Mets.I'm having a little trouble myself accepting some of this new line up.We're 12-13 after splitting a 4 game series with the Reds,,,,,,,my other team after growing up watching the big red machine at River front stadium.

Long season and lots of games to play yet.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  2. ACfixer

ACfixer Member

Dodgers 15-8, but you'd think with that payroll they'd win every game by three runs. ;)

3. CRAIG4FSU

CRAIG4FSU Whatever... Silver Supporting Member

4. ESPLTD200FM

ESPLTD200FM Member

Cards 17-6. Losing Wainwright for this season this early certainly sours a good start though.

5. hellbender

hellbender Member

The Giants are currently enjoying their extremely well deserved winners lap.

See Ya'll next year.

6. 0018g

0018g Member

My Royals suffered a tough loss today, but at 16-9 and 2nd in the AL central, I have high hopes. Been a fan through all the bad years-nice to see them play meaningful baseball.

7. Analog Delay

Analog Delay I Judge Books By Covers Silver Supporting Member

I'm a Pirates fan. We just got swept by the Cardinals to drop us to 12-13 on the season. As usual, we just can't win in St. Louis.

So far our starting pitching has been great, but our offense has been awful. Andrew McCutchen is off to a really slow start but he's playing injured. He missed two weeks during Spring Training in the hopes that he'd be good to start the season. Unfortunately, his knee is not healed and it's affecting his ABs and his defense. He is the key to our success, so as much as I hate to lose him, he needs to be put on the DL so he can let it heal. Otherwise, he'll be playing at 50% capacity for the entire season. I'd rather miss him for a few weeks and get him back at 100%.

Josh Harrison, who just received a $50 million contract, is playing horribly so far. That deal will haunt us if he turns out to be a one season wonder.

Mark Melancon has lost about 4-5mph in velocity and his pitches are not effective at 87-88. He's pitching like garbage. I think there's a chance he may be injured too. You typically don't see a pitcher lose that kind of velocity from one season to the next unless there's an injury.

Starling Marte appears to have taken another step in the right direction and has increased his power.

Gerrit Cole has been lights out and is slowly working himself into our #1 starter role.

8. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

Yep, been a fan for 20 years, and used to buy ticket packages each year. Nice start. Hopefully, they will quit picking fights and settle in.

Starting pitching has been better than predicted, bullpen has been bulletproof, the young guys are hitting, as are the old guys. Lost Alex Rios for a bit, but Kendrys Morales has been a nice replacement for Billy Butler so far. Defense has been stellar.

Assuming the wheels don't fall off (injuries), they are poised to make noise again in the playoffs. Detroit is awfully strong, however.

9. Roark

Roark Member

At least we split the series with Detroit, and no kidding on Morales he's been very productive.

The year is still early to tell if Moustakas is "really" fixed. I hope he keeps it up.

The best thing is we're seeing more HRs, yay for that.

10. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

Yankees are in their natural place ... first. Will be good to see them in the series again.

11. Bankston

Bankston Member

The Astros are off to the best start in franchise history and have the best record in the American League (still sounds weird). Seven game lead in the AL West.

The pitching is for real. Not sure if they're going to be able to sustain the success but after 10 years of dismal seasons, this feels good.

12. bluwoodsman

bluwoodsman Member

The Twinkies are over .500! Horrible start, playing much better now and getting some pitching. I have to admit I thought the personnel would limit competitive play for another year or so regardless of who the manager was, but I really like some of the changes Molitor has brought in.

13. sleeperaxe

sleeperaxe Supporting Member

Cubs. More exciting than they've been in a long time with a lot of promising young talent, but just lost 2 of 3 to the lowly Brewers. Still a long way to go before my Cubbies are legit contenders.

14. Jason_77

Jason_77 Member

Phillies...

So, uh, which tubes do you guys like best in v1 of your plexi amps?

:cry:

Jeeves likes this.
  15. mattball826

mattball826 Member

it is nice indeed!

sf giants fan at heart though. always a soft spot for yankees. class organization.

i'm liking kc as well. lots of fire in those boys, but they'll have to overcome the ped melonheads in stertroit who seems to have had zero competition in the central in the past decade or longer. of course that was a smart move for them getting cespedes. great bat! hard to pitch around the other melonheads

16. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

NorCal Giants fan...looks like the team might be starting to wake up, they've won 9 of their last 12. Just swept the Angels at home, have San Diego the next few games and should be tough.

Los Angeles is starting strong, even with some injuries. Padres look to be real, and Arizona and Colorado have started to fade already.

17. Analog Delay

Analog Delay I Judge Books By Covers Silver Supporting Member

I'm curious as to why you call them, "ped melonheads in stertroit."

Do you legitimately believe that the Tigers are pumped full of PEDs/Steroids or are you just saying that as a joke because they've been so dominant in the weak AL Central for a number of years?

18. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

This should be an entertaining answer...IIRC Mattball believes that there is a NFL conspiracy that keeps Peyton Manning from getting rushed like the QB's that he likes. :bumpbump

19. Bankston

Bankston Member

In addition to the Astros getting off to the best start in franchise history and opening up a 7 game lead already in the AL West, they have more talent in the pipeline.

Carlos Correa is hitting .371 with a 1.148 OPS at AA. And starting shortstop Jed Lowrie is out until after the All-Star Break. I have a feeling we could be seeing Carlos at Minute Maid sooner than expected.

From Buster Olney, the last team with at least a 7 game lead this early in the season was the '01 Mariners, who won 116 games.

I'm starting to believe.

20. jimmybcool

jimmybcool Supporting Member

Cards are my boys. They are playing well and despite the loss of wainwright I believe they are a real threat to win their division again.

Wainwright will be sorely missed if they do when they get to the playoffs. Not sure how the teams pitching stacks up against the likes of say LAD. Oh well, got to get there first.