Mmmmm....Custom Skreddy goodness...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Mojoman, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Mojoman

Mojoman Supporting Member

This showed up today.....a Custom painted Top Fuel Serial #18.

[​IMG]

Sound: Amazing....the sustain gives you a lot of control and I am loving it right now with the sustain really low. Will report more later.
    I cannot believe that Marc has only sold 18 of these......in fact I cannot beleive all his pedals are not more popular.

2. RickB

RickB Member

Can you make the pic bigger? It is hard to see.

I have TF #1. I love it. :D

3. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:AOK

4. Mojoman

Yeah I am trying to fix that.....it is A LOT smaller in photobucket, but shows up HUGE here.

5. Craise

Craise Member

Right on that looks sweet! I love da floyd....I bet he might sell more..if they all look like that...

6. Mojoman

He will make it look like that if you ask him to :dude
    Thats why Marc is so cool.
    I came up with this idea, sent it over to him and he said he would take care of it.
    He sure did. I think it looks amazing.

7. RickB

RickB Member

Yeah. Marc is really great to work with. Can't say enough good things about the guy. So far I have the first Top Fuel, the last Ernie and a custom color yellow Mayo. I have a Screw Driver in line on his building block. Each pedal is really special. He has a great ear.

8. trucks

trucks Member

+1 on Marc. I have a Zero. I also have a Screw Driver on order. Mayo won't be far behind. I think once you play a Skreddy, you want Marc's other creations.

9. Mojoman

Yeah trucks I think you are exactly right. Here is my collection.....just need a Screwdriver now.

[​IMG]

10. empty71

empty71 Member

Here's my Screw Driver with custom graphics:dude Awesome pedal and I'm gassing for a Mayo.

[​IMG]

11. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Those are super sweet looking pedals boys. I really want a Screwdriver after trying one out a little while ago. Don't think I can afford one just now though. This is terrible, a penniless gear addict. I'm going to have to start looting and stealing...

12. empty71

empty71 Member

Hi,

Anyone tried stacking any of the Skreddy pedals? I'm presently stacking a ToneFactor's HellBilly into the Screw driver with good results. I'm thinking of going Skreddy all the way and have got some interest for the HellBilly so I'll be selling the pedal if everything works out.

I'm gassing for a Mayo but figured maybe it'll be better if I stack the Screw driver into a Top Fuel. Am I :NUTS Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance:)

13. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

I will let you know when I get my screwdriver and top fuel... in soon I hope!! :)

14. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

I'm on the verge of getting a new Skreddy. Dang, the Top Fuel and Screwdriver are both so sweet. Which one do you think would we better as a lead pedal with a Les Paul or an SG? I'd probably have it stacked with an OCD or a Timmy, sometimes on it's own. On the other hand, the screwdriver could work well as an OD on its own too as well as a solo boost. The Top Fuel sounds fantastic too though... help...

15. RickB

RickB Member

[​IMG]

That's my Mayo that is waiting for me at home.

As for stacking, a good compressor before the Top Fuel sounds really amazing. Other than that, the Top Fuel doesn't need any boosting. There is plenty of clean, clear gain on tap that cuts with singles and doubles. I haven't gotten my Screw Driver yet so I can't compare it to the Top Fuel but I plan on having both of them on my board for different purposes.

16. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Hey RickB,

Congrats on the Mayo. Nice colour! I really dig it!

I'm looking for a midrangey soloboost/distortion pedal, a bit like a RAT or something. Do you think the Top Fuel could do the job?

What applications do you have in mind for your Screwdriver and Top Fuel?

17. RickB

RickB Member

Thanks! I just wanted something a bit different.

The Top Fuel will more than cover exactly what you are looking for. Great mids, clean and clear and lots of gain. Really cuts through.

I can see myself using the Screw Driver as a lower to middle gain OD and keep the TF set for high gain as that is what it excels at most.

18. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

I have some MAYO in the fridge that looks just like that!!!! Nice!!!

19. trucks

trucks Member

My wife just called to say my Screw Driver arrived today!!!

20. Dajbro

Dajbro Member

Anyone care to comment on how effective the tone control on the Top Fuel is? Particularly for using it to darken the tone. From what I've heard, it sounds like a great pedal. Thanks.

David