Mobile Pod demo licks

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by pcolbeck, Mar 19, 2015.

1. pcolbeck

pcolbeck Member

Hi

I am just learning guitar and have a Line 6 TonePort. In both Mobile Pod and Amplitube you can setup an amp then play a demo riff that they supply through it. The demo rifs sound lovely but my guitar sounds nothing like them.
    I know that the demo rifs are done by experienced musicians but in say Mobile Pod the clean neck rif has single notes and no single note I try sounds as thick and creamy.
    I have tried my Yamaha Pacifica 604w (single coil) and my sons LTD 1000 (hum buckers) and neither sound anything like the demo.
    Is it actually possible to get a sound like the demo rifs and my technique is just rubbish or are the demo rifs highly processed somehow ?

thanks

Pat

2. mac jones

mac jones Member

Does it matter?

I guess your saying it's frustrating using the demo licks to audition a setting, as when you go to play it yourself it doesn't sound right, and makes you wonder where the weak link is; is it you, or are the licks tweaked somehow?

Those licks are useful to a certain extent. The only way to do it right though, is to make clean audition licks yourself. This should be pretty easy, although time consuming.

3. pcolbeck

pcolbeck Member

That's it exactly. I know I cant play for toffee (can do a few open chords so far) but I kind of expected a single note to sound reasonably like a single note in the clean licks. It's probably a combination of different guitar / my crap technique I guess.