1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mobile TGP Theme - Compact Text/Icon Driven

Discussion in '"How To" Tips for the new Software' started by Scott Peterson, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

The most requested feature for TGP has now been installed and ready to roll out to everyone.

Context
    The Gear Page no longer supports or will use Third Party apps for access due to a variety of performance and security issues. The Xenforo platform we use is device responsive; which means it automatically scales to whatever device and orientation (portrait vs. landscape) you prefer on any platform or hardware device. Use the browser of your choice.

Member Requested Feature and Preferences
    The request for a mobile friendly compact text and icon only driven theme has been heard and is now installed in both a light and dark variety depending on your personal preference.

Avatars On/Off and Horizontal/Vertical User Information
    You can also - within your preferences under your Profile choose to have the member information horizontally or vertically laid out and/or turn avatars on or off. Your choice works universally across any of the TGP themes available.

How to Choose Your Style
    To change your theme you use the "style chooser" on the lower left corner of the forum. Click on whatever your current style is and it'll pop-up the style chooser and you can then choose whatever theme you prefer. That in addition to your preferences (avatars on/off and horizontal on/off) should give you whatever sort of user experience you choose.

The Available Choices are now:
    TGP Classic - light (default)
    TGP Classic - dark
    TGP Mobile - light
    TGP Mobile - dark

2. Tom CT

Tom CT Old Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Scott - on my iPhone 6, I've switched to the mobile light setting and ads are appearing. Might this be a glitch?

3. Scott Peterson

There's some tricky conditional code that IT has to enter; it'll be done shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tom CT likes this.
  4. GibsonSGgirl

GibsonSGgirl Silver Supporting Member

So...am I correct in assuming that TGP won't work on my Tapatalk app on my iPhone 5s?

5. Scott Peterson

You are correct. Use any browser instead.