Mod a Crybaby wah or upgrade?

fili123

Just pulled out my early 90's GCB-95 Crybaby wah. Was alot of fun, but the pot is scratchy and the high end is harsh and sweep very quick. I read the pages here about modding them. I figure I would replace the pot (suggestions?) ~$20, replace the inductor with one of the handmade halo ones ~$20 and make it TB, switch ~$10. Also maybe change a few values for a few extra bucks.
Is the reissue crybaby a worthwhile platform to drop in ~$50? Will it be transformed into a great wah...or just average? Shall I be done and spend another $100 and get a newer wah-teese, area 51, budda, etc?
Thanks.

fili123

Thanks AL. I really want an excuse to tinker with it...cant stop tinkering. Any specific mods to def do?

rhythmrocker

1966 Battle of the Bands
Silver Supporting Member
How many times do I regret having modded some vintage equpiment or sold something for something that I thought would be "better."

To avoid this, buy an identical unit and do your mods to that one. When your done modded or trying out things, you'll still have the original - if you still want it. This equals no regrets.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom