Mod Duo Pedal

chuskey

This pedal may have been discussed before, but I saw it mentioned on MusicRadar's NAMM preview coverage. Looks like a Swiss Army Knife of a pedal. Not cheap, but does seem like a very capable device. I only had time to look at the home page and watch the short intro video, but it looks like a cool concept. Maybe a little niche though.

https://moddevices.com/pages/mod-duo

Imerkat

I've posted about this and not much of a buzz. there is no tantalizing demos of the sound quality. it doesn't look friendly for live use and hooking it up to the computer is basically a requirement to use

jageya

its odd that companies with new products dont/wont put out some killer amazing demos of the tones of the units.

spiral

I also saw it on MR and was surprised to see their original video was from 5 months ago so came here to see if anyone used it. It's like a double H9 where you can roll your own effects which is very cool. I agree it would be nice to hear a real demo and see how it works.

MJ Slaughter

Silver Supporting Member
I've posted about this and not much of a buzz. there is no tantalizing demos of the sound quality. it doesn't look friendly for live use and hooking it up to the computer is basically a requirement to use

It does have midi so it could be great for live use. If you don't want to use a controller then you would be doing a lot of bending down though. I would be interested in seeing a comparison to the H9 but from the little I see so far the Duo lays out the effects in a way that is easier for me to wrap my head around.

Sascha Franck

649. For a product offering nothing? Did you look at the plugin shop? All the links I tried are disfunctional. So, in other words, this guy wants people to spend 650 bucks on a unit that he hopes he will find some interested programmers to be developing for in the future.
Congrats, that seems to be a most excellent business plan...

Sascha Franck

Hm, ok, looked a bit more.
Yes, theoretically this could be interesting. Seems to be pretty much like a modular environment, something I always wanted someone to do in the hardware FX world. I have been using Energy XT (a modular VST host and sequencer) quite way back for a sort of experimental live setup based on my laptop. I only stopped using that because back then computers weren't powerful enough and because I never knew where to put the ******* laptop onstage so it'd be safe from any kind of beer showers and what not... Otherwise the options have been just fantastic and endless.

slooky

I quite like this. An endless supply of effects. Sounds good to my ears. The community puts up thier effects chain and you can download them.

buddachile

Looks very cool, how does it sound for FX only I wonder?
Well, that'll depend on which FX you load into the unit. Given that the MOD Duo is basically an open platform the quality of FX is dependent on the FX developers. Kind of like with VST, some plugins sound great while others not so much.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom