Mod of E-H POG to have expression pedal out for the LPF?

Not only would it be cool for the old synth sounds this could make, but it radically changes the character of the Hammond organ (or whatever) tones you can get out of it. This is what makes it sound brighter, darker, etc... Having the option to control this with an expression pedal would be priceless, IMHO.

So, is this a possibility?

g-nem

Assuming you'd be willing to spend money on this mod, why not just sell your pog and get a hog, that has that option built in?

KRosser

g-nem said:
Assuming you'd be willing to spend money on this mod, why not just sell your pog and get a hog, that has that option built in?
Because the HOG does not track anywhere near as well as the POG.

Jason Lynn

Just got my POG yesterday and LOL that I was already thinking about this too. A friend tells me it wouldn't be hard to do in theory but I'll wait until someone pulls it off first before I go there.

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
Depends on how those faders are wired. If they have 3 lugs like a pot, or if they only use two lugs you could turn the useless direct out most EHX pedals have into an expression out with a switching lack or a jack and a little switch. This is all theoretically though. It would also depent on the value of the fader and other stuff like that.

isaactmeyer

i would say the same thing. Just get the hog. I have played both and yes the pog tracks (slightly) better (depending on the setting of the hog). I have found the hog new from different inet sites for 450 NEW. It comes with the expression pedal too. You will spend more money for less with the pog and the mod for the expression mod. Go for the hog.

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
The Hog is processing a dramatically increased amount of info. I thought they were more designed for pad type sounds than the organ stuff though?

whoismarykelly said:
Depends on how those faders are wired. If they have 3 lugs like a pot, or if they only use two lugs you could turn the useless direct out most EHX pedals have into an expression out with a switching lack or a jack and a little switch. This is all theoretically though. It would also depent on the value of the fader and other stuff like that.
The POG only has 2 jacks (no direct out).

g-nem said:
The HOG is about $120 more than I paid for the POG (I would lose some money selling the POG), I already have the POG, if I got the HOG I would also get the foot controller (more space), I still wouldn't throw out the idea of buying a HOG if I found a bunch of money on the sidewalk, wouldn't use a preset on the HOG (only got 6) for this setting if it was on the POG, the LPF fader controls the "color" of the tones pretty dramatically (it would be like getting different manual sounds for the organ with an expression pedal)...

That's all, not much argument with your suggestion, more just my take on it. As complicated as my setup already is, I like the simplicity of at least starting with this option if it's a possiblity at all...

jbro

Silver Supporting Member
KRosser said:
Because the HOG does not track anywhere near as well as the POG.
I have owned a POG and currently own a HOG. I don't notice any difference in the "tracking", except when the HOG is in octave/step bend or freeze+gliss mode (in which case it sounds garbled, delayed, and distant like the digitech whammy because of the type of pitch shifting going on).

Trending Topics